Pre-Order Thread

I don't know if it'll come back in stock, but this label (Sacred Raven) put up a 200 copy run of a Lou Barlow live album that sold out pretty quickly yesterday. I'll have it open in a tab for a while to see if they restock or if it's just gone. They haven't commented either way yet.

Dammit.

Lou Barlow - Live At Sonic Boom

They just put 20 up for sale. Get em quick if you want it!

Ok this is for all the Shoegaze fans out there. This is an amazing album that came out this year. It's a Japanese band called Stomp Talk Modstone. The small label called Gezellig Records didn't know if they would press this or not, but in fact they are! Preorders go up 3AM Eastern for Bandcamp Friday tomorrow. Supposed to be a limited edition release. Don't skip this one!

RIYL: My Bloody Valentine, Slowdive, Ride, DIIV, Slowcrush, Tokyo Shoegazer, etc.

Thanks for introducing me to these guys!!

Does anyone know about the mastering on both this and the Mingus?

• Deluxe 3LP set is mastered/lacquered and sourced from the original tapes for maximum fidelity, pressed on 180g vinyl and includes previously unseen photos from original photographer Gosta Peterson, as well as new liner notes from jazz historian and producer, Michael Cuscuna.
Mingus at Carnegie Hall DE

• Deluxe 3LP set is mastered/lacquered and sourced from the original tapes for maximum fidelity, pressed on 180g vinyl and includes previously unseen photos from original photographer Gosta Peterson, as well as new liner notes from jazz historian and producer, Michael Cuscuna.
Mingus at Carnegie Hall DE

I think this was one of my earliest jazz cds. Looking forward to heading it on vinyl.

One left now. Didn't know about this, but Sonic Boom is my local
If that's the case, I was in you "neighborhood" this past week. Checked out 5 or 6 record shops and found one I'd never been to before that was kind of cool. Georgetown Records on Vale Street. Had a shitload of prog/rock/psych and just a pretty cool vibe.

If that's the case, I was in you "neighborhood" this past week. Checked out 5 or 6 record shops and found one I'd never been to before that was kind of cool. Georgetown Records on Vale Street. Had a shitload of prog/rock/psych and just a pretty cool vibe.
Yeah, Georgetown is cool. They are right there with Fantagraphics Books shop so it’s a great place to shop comics and records at the same time. Also, I think I read somewhere they don’t sell online, so you actually have to go there to buy stuff but you also are competing with online people when they get good stuff in.

Yeah, Georgetown is cool. They are right there with Fantagraphics Books shop so it’s a great place to shop comics and records at the same time. Also, I think I read somewhere they don’t sell online, so you actually have to go there to buy stuff but you also are competing with online people when they get good stuff in.
Oh, I hadn't realized the book room was a separate entity, but when I walked through I did see a stack of My Favorite Thing is Monsters, so that makes sense. I didn't explore much in there because I'd parked my rental car up against a warehouse-type building (following the lead of all the other parked cars there) and couldn't shake the fear I'd have a ticket when I got back to it. Thankfully, that fear was unfounded.

Oh, I hadn't realized the book room was a separate entity, but when I walked through I did see a stack of My Favorite Thing is Monsters, so that makes sense. I didn't explore much in there because I'd parked my rental car up against a warehouse-type building (following the lead of all the other parked cars there) and couldn't shake the fear I'd have a ticket when I got back to it. Thankfully, that fear was unfounded.

Yeah, they'll do events there, like when Robt. Williams released his massive beast with them, he did a signing

"Robert Williams: The Father of Exponential Imagination – Fantagraphics" Robert Williams: The Father of Exponential Imagination

Bruce Pavitt also had an event there when he put out his Experiencing Nirvana book. It was cool to see folks like Mark Arm, Tad, and Charles Peterson in attendance

2021-05-08_02-55-24.jpg

What other shops did you go to?

Oh! If anyone sees anymore copies of that Lou Barlow record pop up and wouldn't mind tagging me, I'd appreciate it. I messaged my friend who works at Sonic Boom, but she just missed it.

She says that she has a signed poster from that gig, but she didn't know about he release until it sold out and the shop didn't get any.

Yeah, they'll do events there, like when Robt. Williams released his massive beast with them, he did a signing

"Robert Williams: The Father of Exponential Imagination – Fantagraphics" Robert Williams: The Father of Exponential Imagination

Bruce Pavitt also had an event there when he put out his Experiencing Nirvana book. It was cool to see folks like Mark Arm, Tad, and Charles Peterson in attendance

View attachment 98641

What other shops did you go to?
Daybreak, Fat Cat, Neptune, Golden Oldies, and Silver Platters SoDo.

Either I didn't hit 'em right or I wasn't in a buying mood--only picked up 5 albums. But it's always fun to dig.

(Great photo by the way!)

EDIT: Also went to Jive Time.

Last edited:
Daybreak, Fat Cat, Neptune, Golden Oldies, and Silver Platters SoDo.

Either I didn't hit 'em right or I wasn't in a buying mood--only picked up 5 albums. But it's always fun to dig.

(Great photo by the way!)
Nice run! I think the other Silver Platters closed, the SoDo location is the only one left. Going to all those shops and only walking away with 5 LPs is a feat in self restraint.

Nice run! I think the other Silver Platters closed, the SoDo location is the only one left. Going to all those shops and only walking away with 5 LPs is a feat in self restraint.

There are actually 3 Silver Platters locations. The one in Northgate moved to Lynnwood a number of years ago and there is another location in Bellevue.

Last edited:
Haha, yeah, it kind of felt that way. Part of the reason might have been that I was fairly active buying from Acoustic Sound's discogs listings haha!

Back