Pre-Order Thread

We talking mismatched openers? I once saw alt-country/Byrds revivalists Beachwood Sparks open for My Bloody Valentine. Man was that weird. Also, when I used to live in New York I saw Springsteen do a free Times Square benefit set, but before he went on Kanye did some songs. Was quite weird, being surrounded by a legion of New Jersey dads who made the trek to see the Boss, awkwardly standing while Kanye screams Black Skinhead.

Hope it got a repress! I grabbed both in case it isn't since I love both. The OST was one of those that seemed to be in my cart at a bunch of different shops online for forever and I just never bought it. Then suddenly couldn't find it anywhere! Rewatched the movie recently and its so awesome.
It’s a stunning press too. Auld Triangle on the OST sounds exceptional. One where you swear they are in the room with you.

I saw Seal open for the Rolling Stones many years ago and he was just about booed off the stage. I actually thought he was great!

That's tradition for Stones openers.
I‘ve seen Living Color, The Pretenders & Ryan Adams as openers for the Stones. Loved all of them.

That said, I remember no one knew who Ryan Adams was at the time and the crowd was not receptive to him. That show was broadcast on HBO, think I have a vhs of it somewhere.

I once saw The Roots open for Dave Matthews Band. That was a long goddamn time ago.

RTJ opening for Jack White was also unexpected but the Roots/DMB one is definitely weirder.
I saw Dave and the Roots at Alpine. It was the day after Rage played and there was a bad storm. I was done seeing Dave at this point but very excited about seeing The Roots. Needless to say I was way to excited, got super drunk. The hill had no grass, they covered it with straw, it was so slippery, I couldn’t stand one way or the other and don’t even remember the show left for the lot before Dave.

I saw Dave and the Roots at Alpine. It was the day after Rage played and there was a bad storm. I was done seeing Dave at this point but very excited about seeing The Roots. Needless to say I was way to excited, got super drunk. The hill had no grass, they covered it with straw, it was so slippery, I couldn’t stand one way or the other and don’t even remember the show left for the lot before Dave.

Oh god, I was at that Rage show, and it was one of the most horrific concert-going experiences of my life (and that’s not including the 9-hour drive to get there from Northern Michigan)! It was impossible to stand on that muddy hill and everyone was slipping down and getting pressed against the fence around the seated pavilion. Eventually my friends and I found some shrubs and held on to them for stability. And then drove back the same night and got home at like 9am the next day, but not before an extremely close call when the friend who was driving the last shift fell asleep at the wheel and lost control of the car. I don’t think I ever listened to RATM again after that trip.

Oh god, I was at that Rage show, and it was one of the most horrific concert-going experiences of my life (and that’s not including the 9-hour drive to get there from Northern Michigan)! It was impossible to stand on that muddy hill and everyone was slipping down and getting pressed against the fence around the seated pavilion. Eventually my friends and I found some shrubs and held on to them for stability. And then drove back the same night and got home at like 9am the next day, but not before an extremely close call when the friend who was driving the last shift fell asleep at the wheel and lost control of the car. I don’t think I ever listened to RATM again after that trip.
I was there. Bought @Mack37's ticket because he had to work. I stood at the top of the hill, and luckily didn't fall in the mud. And jammed to QOSTA and RATM with some old friends. Then had a 14 minute drive home. ;) fortunate I grew up in those cornfields of Wisconsin and there's a huge amphitheater built nearby.

I was there. Bought @Mack37's ticket because he had to work. I stood at the top of the hill, and luckily didn't fall in the mud. And jammed to QOSTA and RATM with some old friends. Then had a 14 minute drive home. ;) fortunate I grew up in those cornfields of Wisconsin and there's a huge amphitheater built nearby.
Yeah don’t remind me! Would have rather seen that show!

Back