Pre-Order Thread

Trying to think of oddest openers I've seen. Ed Sheeran opening for Rolling Stones comes to mind. The crowd seemed a bit befuddled. I liked the move though. He did some acoustic stuff, a little rap-singing, some guitar percussion and looping. He wasn't trying to upstage the Stones by any means but I felt he held his own given the older kind of crowd. And this coming from a guy who isn't particularly a fan of his overly sentimental style of music.
When I saw Neil Young on his acoustic Harvest Moon tour, James opened. I mean they were good, but it was an odd pairing.

Trying to think of oddest openers I've seen. Ed Sheeran opening for Rolling Stones comes to mind. The crowd seemed a bit befuddled. I liked the move though. He did some acoustic stuff, a little rap-singing, some guitar percussion and looping. He wasn't trying to upstage the Stones by any means but I felt he held his own given the older kind of crowd. And this coming from a guy who isn't particularly a fan of his overly sentimental style of music.
I saw Seal open for the Rolling Stones many years ago and he was just about booed off the stage. I actually thought he was great!

I saw Stevie Ray Vaughan open for Huey Lewis and the News. That was a really odd pairing to me.

Tony Levin was on bass and whatever other weird bass-like instruments he plays . . .
He's amazing and a consummate professional who fits like a glove with almost any band/act. I first saw him on the "Anderson, Bruford, Wakeman & Howe" tour (summer of 1989; I'm old) and was super skeptical that anyone could fill Chris Squier's monstrous shoes. While Squier and Levin are definitely different players, Levin held his own and then some. I've also seen him w/ King Crimson plenty, Peter Gabriel, California Guitar Trio, B.L.U.E., and a few other acts.

He's amazing and a consummate professional who fits like a glove with almost any band/act. I first saw him on the "Anderson, Bruford, Wakeman & Howe" tour (summer of 1989; I'm old) and was super skeptical that anyone could fill Chris Squier's monstrous shoes. While Squier and Levin are definitely different players, Levin held his own and then some. I've also seen him w/ King Crimson plenty, Peter Gabriel, California Guitar Trio, B.L.U.E., and a few other acts.
Yeah I was familiar with Levin from his work with Peter Gabriel, less so with King Crimson. I just remember sitting, seeing the band come out for Seal and instantly recognizing Levin with his unmistakable mustache and chrome dome, being super not only for Seal, but for him too, because I had no idea he was part of Seal’s touring band. He has the oddest instruments, even had that one with he plays with the extensions on his fingers.

Yeah I was familiar with Levin from his work with Peter Gabriel, less so with King Crimson. I just remember sitting, seeing the band come out for Seal and instantly recognizing Levin with his unmistakable mustache and chrome dome, being super not only for Seal, but for him too, because I had no idea he was part of Seal’s touring band. He has the oddest instruments, even had that one with he plays with the extensions on his fingers.
[links for anyone interested who has no clue what this is about]

The "odd" instrument is the Chapman Stick, which is indeed weird but super interesting and remarkably versatile, rhythmically and melodically: Stick Enterprises - Home of the Chapman Stick

The finger extensions are Funk Fingers, his own creation: Funk fingers - Wikipedia

restocks! llewyn davis OST and Another Day: Another Time:

New repressing of those? They were scarce/stupid expensive for the recent past bit.

New repressing of those? They were scarce/stupid expensive for the recent past bit.
no idea! i thought someone reached out to Nonesuch and they said it wasn't being repressed not too long ago. I have seen a few copies pop up here and there (I think target randomly got a few copies in stock a few weeks ago). I snagged both of these though. Been on my wantlist for awhile now and free shipping for both with plaidroom!

[links for anyone interested who has no clue what this is about]

The "odd" instrument is the Chapman Stick, which is indeed weird but super interesting and remarkably versatile, rhythmically and melodically: Stick Enterprises - Home of the Chapman Stick

The finger extensions are Funk Fingers, his own creation: Funk fingers - Wikipedia

I used to play a Warr guitar (one time Chapman's main analog; although I believe Mark Warr has suffered some illness that's crippled the output). Not for the faint of heart. It was KC that vectored me toward these touch instruments.

restocks! llewyn davis OST and Another Day: Another Time:

These were going for stupid prices. I actually got one from Plaid Room not too long ago. I thought it was a one off. Looks like these got a much needed repress.

These were going for stupid prices. I actually got one from Plaid Room not too long ago. I thought it was a one off. Looks like these got a much needed repress.
Hope it got a repress! I grabbed both in case it isn't since I love both. The OST was one of those that seemed to be in my cart at a bunch of different shops online for forever and I just never bought it. Then suddenly couldn't find it anywhere! Rewatched the movie recently and its so awesome.

Back