Pre-Order Thread

Damn. That must be some bad luck. I've never had anything damaged from Bull Moose. Those mailers are pretty sturdy so that must have taken a hit.

I know. I just shake my head. For awhile I even had a spreadsheet going to track damage. Bullmoose was the worst for me of all the regular stores I bought from.

I used to preorder everything I could from them. They are a solid company but my experience seems unusual.

And, some pics showing the damage inside and out isn’t good enough for them to replace it. 😠

I know. I just shake my head. For awhile I even had a spreadsheet going to track damage. Bullmoose was the worst for me of all the regular stores I bought from.

I used to preorder everything I could from them. They are a solid company but my experience seems unusual.

And, some pics showing the damage inside and out isn’t good enough for them to replace it. 😠
i don't have the best of luck when ordering from BM either usually seam spilt or corner dings.but i will still buy from there because customer is A-1 and prices are very reasonable.they've never given me any issues about a replacement.

They won’t replace it? Like at all? That seems like reason enough to never shop BM.

It’s a commerce wide problem, though I doubt it’s one that sellers are overly worried about fixing. It drives up the value of their goods and builds FOMO. It’s been an issue in the live music ticket industry for years and they haven’t done much to fix it. Still a bummer nevertheless.

Precisely. Ultimately, Mondo is still getting its full revenue bots or not (maybe a tiny bit less on bulk shipping), it stokes more people to try and buy more if a re-press happen or not sit on other releases in fear of a sell out, and any consumer anger is more at the re-sellers than anything else. Mondo gets enough cool/unique/exclusive things that consumers really aren't going to stop shopping there. I'm sure emotionally they'd prefer for a complete sale in record time to unique, individual buyers...but they're not gonna be mad at their stock being cleared out at their price point.

They won’t replace it? Like at all? That seems like reason enough to never shop BM.

They will replace or refund after they get the item returned. So for Bullmoose, that means printing and paying for a mailer, sending it back, and waiting for credit or replacement (if they still have stock).

I rarely deal with returns except on expensive items or gross damage. So most damage (minor corner dings or split seams) just get reluctantly absorbed.

So in the few cases I ask for help making it really easy, looking at pics of damage, and just fixing the problem would be nice.

4E87E8CC-E8E6-44CF-9770-D5B566E08BEF.jpeg

I haven’t cut this open yet but I think it may not be very flat anymore. Box was retaped shut so it took some damage.

Edit: Vinyl looks to be ok, cover and inner sleeve not the best. Large creases and bends.

Last edited:

Incase you missed out on the Fleeting Joys Despondent Transponder reissue, they are selling a few more on their band camp since so many people requested that they press more for the Diggers Factory reissue. Better get in on this now if you want one!

Sorry for the FOMO y'all... I just want to help you all out. 😐🤐😘

They will replace or refund after they get the item returned. So for Bullmoose, that means printing and paying for a mailer, sending it back, and waiting for credit or replacement (if they still have stock).

I rarely deal with returns except on expensive items or gross damage. So most damage (minor corner dings or split seams) just get reluctantly absorbed.

So in the few cases I ask for help making it really easy, looking at pics of damage, and just fixing the problem would be nice.

View attachment 93850

I haven’t cut this open yet but I thing it may not be very flat anymore. Box was retaped shut so it took some damage.
Yeah for sure, completely understand your frustration and that would be enough to drive me away as well. Not that they’re doing anything wrong, just that they could be doing it better and in a world where there’s lots of other options... why not choose better.

Last edited:

View attachment 93850

I haven’t cut this open yet but I thing it may not be very flat anymore. Box was retaped shut so it took some damage.
I hate having to send back before they replace. I had to do that with my Decemberists live album and they told me they had some to replace it so I sent it back. A few weeks later I just had my own copy returned to me and it picked up a nasty seam split along the way. Still makes me mad when I look at that record

I hate having to send back before they replace. I had to do that with my Decemberists live album and they told me they had some to replace it so I sent it back. A few weeks later I just had my own copy returned to me and it picked up a nasty seam split along the way. Still makes me mad when I look at that record

Yes. If you take really good care of your collection your vinyl and covers stay nice virtually forever so it is frustrating to get a “new” item that already has more damage than you will do to it in a lifetime of use.

And, you tend to remember it every time you pull it out to play it. Especially if it is a special version that isn’t easily replaced.

View attachment 93850

I haven’t cut this open yet but I think it may not be very flat anymore. Box was retaped shut so it took some damage.
That is not ok, human 🥺

Back