Pre-Order Thread

Looks like Bardo Pond’s Amanita is getting a remastered reissue for its 25th anniversary via Matador.

EDIT: looks like this is a kick off to a larger Bardo Pond reissue campaign:

“The remainder of the band’s Matador catalog – ‘Lapsed’ (1997), ‘Set and Setting’ (1999), and ‘Dilate’ (2001) – will see reissue later this year alongside a 2xLP rarities compilation.”

1617207944555.png

I forever regret not seeing them at this music festival from 2009. I didn't even really know about them at the time but I was a massive MGMT fan so I only went on Sunday. Major regret since I'll probably never see them now.

Looking back now, that lineup is absolutely stacked. I would have absolutely gone to each day. And in hindsight Sunday is probably the weakest day.

View attachment 93807

That festival was an absolute shit show. Never seen so much good will squandered in two days. The rainy Friday/free tickets/screwing 3 day pass holders debacle. It also sounded like garbage and I'm glad it's dead.

1617208003068.png

Looks like Bardo Pond’s Amanita is getting a remastered reissue for its 25th anniversary via Matador.

EDIT: looks like this is a kick off to a larger Bardo Pond reissue campaign:

“The remainder of the band’s Matador catalog – ‘Lapsed’ (1997), ‘Set and Setting’ (1999), and ‘Dilate’ (2001) – will see reissue later this year alongside a 2xLP rarities compilation.”
OMG! FIRST MBV AND NOW THIS!

IMO: Vulgar Display Of Power > Far Beyond Driven > Cowboys From Hell > The Great Southern Trendkill
This is the correct answer.

I got hit by a car while out running a few years back. Bruised and bleeding but nothing broken. But I got tossed into the street.

Anyway I had just finished powering up a pretty steep hill along my run and had a good amount of adrenaline pumping through me.

Cemetery Gates was playing in my headphones when I got struck. I popped up after getting tossed (the adrenaline made me kinda oblivious to the pain). One earbud had gotten knocked out. The other one was still in and the part of Cemetery Gates where Phil and DD trade vocal and guitar wails, respectively, was playing. It was awesome!

OMG! FIRST MBV AND NOW THIS!
Right. The bummer about this is it’s a preorder for...October. I just can’t bring myself to preorder an album 6 months in advance. Thankfully it seems like Matador always makes plenty of these reissues and they usually find their way to my local so I am just gonna grab it then in October. At least we know it’s being reissues though.

Right. The bummer about this is it’s a preorder for...October. I just can’t bring myself to preorder an album 6 months in advance. Thankfully it seems like Matador always makes plenty of these reissues and they usually find their way to my local so I am just gonna grab it then in October. At least we know it’s being reissues though.
I'll say it's their best album. I think it'll be sought after but yeah it being released in October is very far away. I went ahead and jumped on it though because it's another checkmark in my Shoegaze collection I've been wanting lol.

Is that graphic from Sailor Moon?
The Brave Fighter of Sun Fighbird apparently

Yea...thought it was weird that Bleep and Domino won't ship them to the US. Thought at first maybe they just weren't officially announced in the US or something but it seems like a territory issue now. I grabbed the bundle from Sound of Vinyl.
Thank you for the heads up, and the coupon code! Grabbed my bundle a minute ago. Really appreciate it!!

Back