Pre-Order Thread

Did anyone else order this? I placed my order on 2/12, and then I got a "Your order is on the way" e-mail on 2/16 that provides tracking. But the UPS site just says "Shipment Ready for UPS" and "Label Created" still.
Dead.net can be really slow to ship. And most of the time it is UPS Mail Innovations, which is the hell that takes the worst parts of UPS and USPS and mixes them together.

It seems like people are getting their Chet Baker preorders but mine is scheduled to ship on 3/19 from Target.

Also, Target has now pushed back my shipping date for the Art Blakey Witch Doctor tone poet preorder to June 11. My Dexter Gordon “One Flight Up” preorder was pushed back to May 14 a few weeks ago.

Is this just Target being slow or have there been delays from other sellers?

also, check your emails to approve new shipping dates if you preordered any of these from Target - it’s annoying when they cancel on you just because you didn’t see the email and go in to approve the new date.

It seems like people are getting their Chet Baker preorders but mine is scheduled to ship on 3/19 from Target.

Also, Target has now pushed back my shipping date for the Art Blakey Witch Doctor tone poet preorder to June 11. My Dexter Gordon “One Flight Up” preorder was pushed back to May 14 a few weeks ago.

also, check your emails to approve new shipping dates if you preordered any of these from Target - it’s annoying when they cancel on you just because you didn’t see the email and go in to approve the new date.
I got my Chet Baker in NY last Friday from Target. The new shipping dates for BN records are actually the official release. For some reason Target had the wrong dates.

Edit: It's actually Blue Note who pushed back all their scheduled releases a few weeks ago.

pink-floyd-live-at-knebworth-1990-2-lp-180g

Pink Floyd

Live At Knebworth 1990​

Really wish they'd release some pre-Darkside era live albums. Meddle, Obscured by Clouds, Atom Heart Mother are where it's at

Jazz fans probably already know, but this page is where you can keep up w/new releases in the excellent Blue Note 80th anniversary series (so far, reviews are much better than for the lackluster 75th anniversary series)

Next up are Art Blakey's Moanin and Mobley's Soul Station releasing 4/9. Midnight Blue and many other great titles TBA.

I agree it would be annoying to have an order canceled for missing one of these emails, but I think it's great that Target is on top of this stuff in this way. My understanding is that Target doesn't charge for the item until it's shipped, so I view these emails as an indication that the initial agreement ("you've ordered this title, we'll ship it on this date, you'll pay this amount") has changed and Target is seeking approval of a modified agreement. It's a system that seems to work very well in my experience. (Received the email re: the Blakey delay this morning.)

Am I missing something? I got the email went to my order and it’s already canceled? This was part of the deal. Now I’m going to have to pay full price? They’re asking me to reorder it.

Paul McCartney - McCartney III Imagined

1615483473627.png

1615483527443.png

1615483551969.png

Paul McCartney - McCartney III Imagined

View attachment 91460

Which one of these bad boys are going to go for $2000 in a month?

Back