Pre-Order Thread

Was just about to post this :). Need to collect all of their records at some point.
View attachment 89360

Just saw this today also.

View attachment 89358

From the Spiritualized® Twitter account:

*** Spaceman Reissue Program ***
Lazer Guided Melodies - the classic debut album reissued with new artwork on double 180-gram white vinyl
And new Lazer Guided Melodies merchandise based on the original, vintage designs
Available to pre-order now via spiritualized.com

Oh lord, can you hear me?

looks like they're doing the first four albums in total - will be nice to grab good copies of the first two finally

Last edited:
Love the Dead, but the last thing I need is another set closing with One More Saturday Night.
You know the songs you hate by bands you love?

Yeah - thats One More Saturday Night for the Dead.
Impossible Germany for Wilco.

But this isn't the hot take thread...so feel free to disregard.
I've never felt closer to an internet stranger. Solidarity, comrade...

Love the Dead, but the last thing I need is another set closing with One More Saturday Night.

Love the dead too...but i feel you on this. Sometimes that song is way too much.

Am I going to have to buy Ladies and Gentlemen.... Again?

1614182055953.png

1614182324508.png

I want to refer to Impossible Germany as the “Dad Rock Even Flow,” but of course the problem is that Even Flow is the Dad Rock Even Flow. I need another descriptive phrase to replace “Dad Rock” so I can say “Impossible Germany is the _______ Even Flow.” I’ve been working on this for years, someone please help me.

(Disclaimer: I love Wilco, Impossible Germany, Pearl Jam, Even Flow and my children.)

Reminder: 2 hours until Her OST drop on Mondo.

Pro-tip: log into your PayPal first in a separate tab about 5 minutes before the sale begins. Purchase album in a different tab in Mondo storefront. It won't need to log in to PayPal again on Mondo's site. Least that is what was successful for me with The Fountain.

For anyone not already entertained/annoyed by our struggles in the Hip Hop thread, there is a new Armand Hammer + The Alchemist - Haram up for pre order:

tw: pig heads

direct link to vinyl only

There is also tapes/cds/bundles/merch in the shop.

Site is not working great, to say the least. Credit card seems to work better than paypal.

This is the Armand Hammer & The Alchemist Haram 180g VINYL. ONLY 2000 PRESSED! Consists of one 12″ black Haram 180g vinyl (A/B) packaged in a 12″ jacket with artwork & 11″ insert with photography from Alexander Richter. Includes MP3 zip digital download emailed to purchased upon release date. Includes MP3 zip digital download emailed to purchased upon release date.

TRACKLISTING

1. Sir Benni Miles
  2. Roaches Don’t Fly
  3. Black Sunlight featuring KAYANA
  4. Indian Summer
  5. Aubergine featuring Fielded
  6. God’s Feet
  7. Peppertree
  8. Scaffolds
  9. Falling Out The Sky featuring Earl Sweatshirt
  10. Wishing Bad featuring Curly Castro & Amani
  11. Chicharrones featuring Quelle Chris
  12. Squeegee
  13. Robert Moses
  14. Stonefruit
DESCRIPTION

Haram is a mercurial collaboration between incendiary rap duo Armand Hammer, and living legend The Alchemist. For the first time ELUCID and billy woods have crafted an album with a single producer and the result is extraordinary. With their unmatched penchant for stirring imagery and incisive storytelling, the two rappers dive into an ocean of Alchemist’s creation: warmly inviting on the surface, black and bone-crushingly cold at depth. Haram is a collection of the profane and the pure; a reminder that that which is forbidden is also sacrosanct.

The artists are joined by their friends and fellow travelers on this journey. KAYANA’s golden voice upps the wattage on “Black Sunlight,” while Fielded’s sultry alto gets chopped and screwed on “Aubergine”. Earl Sweatshirt makes a sun-soaked appearance, while Curly Castro and Amani mix like ice and salt on Brooklyn sidewalks and Quelle Chris, as always, finds a pocket all his own. Still, there is a natural rapport that belies the New York-to-Los Angeles-and-back nature of the project, allowing Haram to be more than the sum of its parts, however impressive those parts may be. This isn’t just the genre’s most insistent contemporary voices paired with arguably its best producer. This is when you buy a beautiful house only to discover, hidden behind a heavy bookcase, a stairway twisting up and away into the darkness.

Last edited:
I want to refer to Impossible Germany as the “Dad Rock Even Flow,” but of course the problem is that Even Flow is the Dad Rock Even Flow. I need another descriptive phrase to replace “Dad Rock” so I can say “Impossible Germany is the _______ Even Flow.” I’ve been working on this for years, someone please help me.

(Disclaimer: I love Wilco, Impossible Germany, Pearl Jam, Even Flow and my children.)
Impossible Germany is the "MID-TEMPO ROCK" Even Flow.

Source: See 4:16 - 4:23

I already have this album. I wish I didn't because I would love to have a remastered version, but the copy I have is fine. I do like t-shirt designs on their website too!

View attachment 89359
Aw shit I just saw Fat Possum’s mention of it being “the first of four” reissues. I may have to buy them all. I have standard Plain issues of them which are apparently really bad even though I have been satisfied with them. Spiritualized are one of my all time favorites so I should probably jump on these and sell the others. I’m also missing Let It Come Down which would be the 4th in this series.

Edit: so bizarre that shipping is $2 cheaper from Fat Possum than the band’s site, when I’m pretty sure the label is also the one filling those orders.

looks like they're doing the first four albums in total - will be nice to grab good copies of the first two finally
I have been fortunate over the years to grab a few good vinyl pressings of their albums, but I'll replace the first two Plain issues.

Have a UK RAH:

Have a 2001 UK LICD:

Got FUI in 2018 (Glass Redux)

Aw shit I just saw Fat Possum’s mention of it being “the first of four” reissues. I may have to buy them all. I have standard Plain issues of them which are apparently really bad even though I have been satisfied with them. Spiritualized are one of my all time favorites so I should probably jump on these and sell the others. I’m also missing Let It Come Down which would be the 4th in this series.

Edit: so bizarre that shipping is $2 cheaper from Fat Possum than the band’s site, when I’m pretty sure the label is also the one filling those orders.
I’m just over here patiently waiting for the El-P reissues that Fat Possum promised over a year ago.

I have been fortunate over the years to grab a few good vinyl pressings of their albums, but I'll replace the first two Plain issues.

Have a UK RAH:

Have a 2001 UK LICD:

Got FUI in 2018 (Glass Redux)
I have those versions too and love them - may pick up the new Let It Come Down to see if it's an improvement at some point, but not instantly

Back