Pre-Order Thread

View attachment 81839

Dang, gorgeous presentation. Makes me wish I liked the band.

...If you want to know more about our label, join our forum in the Vinyl Clubs section of N&G!!!

Soul Step Records Announces SSR-070!

Soul Step Records are so excited to announce their first release in what will be an exciting and diverse 2021 release schedule with Cincinnati’s IN THE PINES! We are excited to welcome In The Pines to our label to release their latest LP, called “Slow Blink.”
In The Pines are best described as chasing a thematic junction of youth, mysticism, and psychedelia. In The Pines are crafting wide-eyed rock and roll music that aims for the heart.

“Slow Blink” is Cincinnati Neo-Psych to awaken your SOUL! In The Pines are for fans of Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Ty Segall, and Pond. “Slow Blink” is a fresh musical exploration of broad influences, which can only begin to be described as Neo-Psych. There is so much musical influence to discover on “Slow Blink.” Shades of R&B, Soul, and Garage Rock are just some of the additional sounds to peel back and uncover as you learn more and more with each listen.

In short, “Slow Blink” is a rock and roll album that has something to offer for just about anyone and will sure to be one of the best rock releases to come out of the Cincinnati scene in some time. In The Pines plan on touring behind this release later this year to support. Their live shows are not to be missed! Their energy and musicality are on display anytime they hit the stage.

Soul Step Records will be releasing In The Pines’ LP “Slow Blink” to Soul Step Subscribers on Saturday, January 2nd. The general public sale will begin on Monday, January 4th. This LP will be available to stream on your favorite service on Friday, January 1st.
Soul Step Records highly encourages fans to sign up to be a Soul Step Subscriber for free, as many of our limited edition vinyl sell out very quickly.

IMG_2090.jpgIMG_2093.jpg

Last edited:
Two new Superfly Records releases coming in two days. IIRC @Selaws you were collecting their releases and @Poly-Rythmo you're a huge fan of Poly-Rythmo :

View attachment 81967

I'd been wondering the other day when they'd release more on their own label. I actually bought a second copy of this record from them last week as I didn't have the cover. But this reissue uses the original cover (mine is itself a reissue from about 1980).

This is probably the single best Poly-Rythmo release (it's a compilation of their amazing early singles) and I'd urge anyone even mildly interested to check it out.

EDIT - it's always been a mystery to me why Poly-Rythmo had several excellent compilations but no re-releases of their individual albums. This and the Acid Jazz reissues are starting to address that and I hope there's more to come and they have so many top-class albums.

Last edited:
I'd been wondering the other day when they'd release more on their own label. I actually bought a second copy of this record from them last week as I didn't have the cover. But this reissue uses the original cover (mine is itself a reissue from about 1980).

This is probably the single best Poly-Rythmo release (it's a compilation of their amazing early singles) and I'd urge anyone even mildly interested to check it out.

Very excited to have these records in hands. Both seems really interesting and I never heard of Laurent Petitgirard. It also means I'll have to pay a visit to Manu and Paulo.

Two new Superfly Records releases coming in two days. IIRC @Selaws you were collecting their releases and @Poly-Rythmo you're a huge fan of Poly-Rythmo :

View attachment 81967

EDIT: note sure these are released on Jan 2nd or Feb 1st.
Does anyone have any insight into when preorders open on these?

Does anyone have any insight into when preorders open on these?

I asked them and they told me pre-orders will open in ten days or so. In fact the correct release date is Feb 1st nd not Jan 2nd.

2nd Jan by the looks of it.

Thanks for the tag @Skalap, I saw you post on your instagram story and jumped on here for the details :ROFLMAO:

There are a few details on both web pages. Both seems really good :)

When a first one is pressed on black vinyl I always assume there won’t be a reissue any time soon but hope that’s the case! I also didn’t realize it’s 45RPM but apparently it is!

The release blurb from Dead Oceans did state “Vinyl copies will be available initially exclusively Rough Trade” so there’s plenty of reason to hope. Also none of these that I’ve bought have been numbered (Fontaines D.C.last year and Laura Marling this year). Fontaines D.C. one eventually made it over to my local. This is yet another, albeit minor, reason I’m kicking myself that I couldn’t get home at Christmas, could have tried to get a copy from RT Nottingham.

I am hoping for those who didn't get an order in that reason will prevail. I would be a bit surprised if a smaller label is going to take their hottest artist and set a true, hard limit on a pressing while demand is there, especially as a companion to an AotY candidate. Just feels like they're leaving money on the table, though I'd guess RT has some sort of exclusivity window to it. Especially when it seems like Phoebe fans really have it bad for color variants, seems like a super easy sale down the line for them. We'll see.

Edit: It kind of screams RSD to me too in terms of material, though maybe not with this release strategy

Last edited:
Back