Pre-Order Thread

Technically not a pre-order yet but notable enough for the people who are into this group to post:

@MattHasIdeas

I have not heard this band. But, the album is named after a real place here in Farmington, MI that is......the good kind of odd. So, I may have to get it based on that alone.

What do ya know. Just looked them up and they’re from Ann Arbor. And the album came out in 2005. And I suddenly feel very disconnected from any musical pulse. 🤪

I have not heard this band. But, the album is named after a real place here in Farmington, MI that is......the good kind of odd. So, I may have to get it based on that alone.

What do ya know. Just looked them up and they’re from Ann Arbor. And the album came out in 2005. And I suddenly feel very disconnected from any musical pulse. 🤪

They're an interesting band

I'd actually heard about the Museum before the album or even connected it to the album, likely via Ripley's or Guinness's Book. I'd love to visit some day. The band's name comes from the strip mall it was originally in, but it's since outlived.

Tally Hall is a bizarrely perrenial band. Back at the time they were regular guests on The Craig Ferguson show. Several of their songs have become memes in their own right, and in fact one of the band members is directly responsible for that .gif of Shia LeBeouf grimly applauding in a tuxedo. This same band member has worked on multiple albums of Disney children's music. Meanwhile the keyboardist has produced a track for Janelle Monae. Also, they did an internet sketch show, that while not out of place in 2008 also feels weirdly ahead of it's time. I found out about them in 2012, off the back of one of the aforementioned memes, not long after the release of their as-yet last album and they probably have a fan base as big now as they ever did, if not bigger.

A couple of the band members have released solo projects, and they are decidedly worth checking out as well.

Last edited:
Site is showing only 27 of these left if anyone was procrastinating.

Newbury preorder for a variant of Depression Cherry. Funny pressing number of /2112. Warning, contrast between album color and vinyl color can hurt your eyes.

Back