Pre-Order Thread

Mike Patton, Jean-Claude Vannier - Corpse Flower
0016347471_10.jpg

[5/31/2019] JR JR - Invocations / Conversations (Limited Blue/Green to 1000) (Indie Pop Rock)

Black also available for the same price in their store.

One of my favorite bands over the last decade. Check them out! They used to be known as "Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr." before changing to "JR JR"

Key tracks of their past work:

These guys were known as Dale Earnheart Jr Jr before or something like that right? Am I thinking of the right band?

New LITA releases:
large_550_tmp_2F1558024809130-cnbxn86slbi-62d9c66e616ba2fff727c760280e03a9_2FHOCHONO%2BHOUSE-cover.jpg

Hochono House is a re-imagining of Hosono’s 1973 solo debut album Hosono House. Recorded 45 years after The Band-like sessions that produced the rootsy Japanese Americana classic, Hochono House is an entirely solo affair, with Hosono himself handling all the recording, engineering, programming, arrangements, instruments, and singing. It’s a perfect distillation of the various styles Hosono has cultivated over his 50 year career, from his folky beginnings through his techno-pop era, to putting his own spin on the music of his youth. Rather than it being an exercise in nostalgia, Hochono House instead sees Hosono pushing forward as always, acknowledging his past while hinting at another brand new phase of his career.

large_550_tmp_2F1558115545740-hk8jodsvc4c-861a94a895dc8731defe8e16926b86a8_2FEverlandPsych_Osamu-Kitajima-boxset_dealers.jpg

Osamu Kitajima was born in Chigasaki, Japan on February 3rd 1949 and studied classical guitar and piano already in his childhood days. Later on in the 1960s, when Beat and Rock music became the hot stuff in the popular music circuit, he joined his cousin’s band “The Launchers” with his brother, before graduating from university. Osamu’s cousin, Yūzō Kayama, is a famous Japanese film actor and musician. In 1971, when Osamu was already a successful composer of TV advertising jingles, he moved to England for a year and developed an obsession for British Rock music, especially in the Psychedelic field. The Beatles, The Bee Gees, Jimi Hendrix, Deep Purple and The Zombies became his major influences and inspired him to start a solo career under the name JUSTIN HEATHCLIFF, which he adopted for it’s typical English sound. His 1971 eponymous album was a typical Pop Psyche effort for it’s time, but not long after he returned home to Japan, Osamu abandoned the English sounding name and further on merged Western Progressive and Electronic music with Japanese Folk sounds.

Yes! That Hosono is great!

I
I just got FOMO’d into pre-ordering Igor’s limited edition. I’m smelling another Frank Ocean Blonde situation in the air if the 24 HR preorder window rumor is true.
I highly doubt it will ever get that high but Flower Boy was 24 hour (I think) and it at least doubled in value over the past year and a half.

Is Igor over yet? I'm trying so hard to resist.... :ROFLMAO: o_O

Do it, do it! Haha but for real, I really like it, but even if I didn't I don't really see a situation where it isn't worth notably more then the $40 you spend for it. Seems like a legit arbitrage situation.

Shit, buy 2, keep 1 and sell 1 and you'll probably pay off what you spend for the one you keep with the one you sell.

Do it, do it! Haha but for real, I really like it, but even if I didn't I don't really see a situation where it isn't worth notably more then the $40 you spend for it. Seems like a legit arbitrage situation.

Shit, buy 2, keep 1 and sell 1 and you'll probably pay off what you spend for the one you keep with the one you sell.

I'd really like it, but next week we'll be going to Disneyland and we all know that doesn't come cheap... 😢 o_O

New LITA releases:
large_550_tmp_2F1558024809130-cnbxn86slbi-62d9c66e616ba2fff727c760280e03a9_2FHOCHONO%2BHOUSE-cover.jpg

Hochono House is a re-imagining of Hosono’s 1973 solo debut album Hosono House. Recorded 45 years after The Band-like sessions that produced the rootsy Japanese Americana classic, Hochono House is an entirely solo affair, with Hosono himself handling all the recording, engineering, programming, arrangements, instruments, and singing. It’s a perfect distillation of the various styles Hosono has cultivated over his 50 year career, from his folky beginnings through his techno-pop era, to putting his own spin on the music of his youth. Rather than it being an exercise in nostalgia, Hochono House instead sees Hosono pushing forward as always, acknowledging his past while hinting at another brand new phase of his career.

large_550_tmp_2F1558115545740-hk8jodsvc4c-861a94a895dc8731defe8e16926b86a8_2FEverlandPsych_Osamu-Kitajima-boxset_dealers.jpg

Osamu Kitajima was born in Chigasaki, Japan on February 3rd 1949 and studied classical guitar and piano already in his childhood days. Later on in the 1960s, when Beat and Rock music became the hot stuff in the popular music circuit, he joined his cousin’s band “The Launchers” with his brother, before graduating from university. Osamu’s cousin, Yūzō Kayama, is a famous Japanese film actor and musician. In 1971, when Osamu was already a successful composer of TV advertising jingles, he moved to England for a year and developed an obsession for British Rock music, especially in the Psychedelic field. The Beatles, The Bee Gees, Jimi Hendrix, Deep Purple and The Zombies became his major influences and inspired him to start a solo career under the name JUSTIN HEATHCLIFF, which he adopted for it’s typical English sound. His 1971 eponymous album was a typical Pop Psyche effort for it’s time, but not long after he returned home to Japan, Osamu abandoned the English sounding name and further on merged Western Progressive and Electronic music with Japanese Folk sounds.

This reminded me I needed to get tickets to Hosono’s show here in LA and next month and lo and behold it’s sold da f out. To stubhub I go, tail between legs.

AM Taxi's long awaited sophomore album released on vinyl last month. Today they just announced an indie records store variant limited to 100.
It's a bonafide sleeper hit in my book. Expertly draws on classic rock & roll and punk, for fans of The Clash, Ramones, etc.

Standard black and limited white vinyl are available online.

View attachment 657

Available at:
Bull Moose, Zia Records, Reckless Records, Shuga Records, Lunchbox Records, Port Of Sound, Dimple Records, Grateful Records, Silver Platters, Vintage Vinyl, Electric Fetus, Boo Boo Records, The Sound Garden, Love Garden Sounds, Salzer's Records, Creep Records, Dearborn Music, Pure Pop, Joe's Records, ‪Rolling Stones‬, Waterloo Records, Plaid Room Records

This sounds good from the clip. New to me but I think it is worth a spin. Limited vinyl looks good and Bullmoose points help.

That's the move, guy. Plus, the shipping is still 10 bucks, so it's only $5 per record.

Back