Portland / Oregon

I was up in Portland this past week and finally got to check out Great Notion Brewing for the first time. Was pretty impressed by most everything I tasted, but that Blueberry Muffin, my goodness... if any of y'all Portlanders ever wanna bring some a few hours down the road to Bend, let me know ;)

Absolutely. I would love that.

Amyl and the Sniffers are playing the Aladdin on Sunday, April 12 at 8pm. I'd be stunned if this doesn't sell out quickly. Australian punk, cheap tix (comes to almost $21 with fees per ticket). Tickets available here.

What shows you'all got lined up in the Portland area? I'm thinking Monophonics, Mike and the Moonpies, Dan Mangan. Thinking about Thundercat, Archie Shepp, Mark De-Clive Lowe/Jaimie Branch.

And if anyone has an extra or knows of one for Michael Kiwanuka I'd love in on that!

What shows you'all got lined up in the Portland area? I'm thinking Monophonics, Mike and the Moonpies, Dan Mangan. Thinking about Thundercat, Archie Shepp, Mark De-Clive Lowe/Jaimie Branch.

And if anyone has an extra or knows of one for Michael Kiwanuka I'd love in on that!

I’m already in for Andy Shauf, Frances Quinlan (Hop Along), Jason Lytle (Grandaddy) and Monophonics. Will probably grab US Girls tix tomorrow, as their live show gets rave reviews. Out of town for Jaime Branch, but no way I miss that if plans change!

None so far. There is nothing that interests me right now. Probably being close-minded, I know.

Perhaps US Girls?

I would definitely recommend seeing Thundercat live. Quite the experience.

I would definitely recommend seeing Thundercat live. Quite the experience.
I caught some of his set at Pickathon a couple years back, but wasn't really into the jazz thing much. Feel like it may be time to revisit him, especially with the new album coming out. And it's at the Art Museum during PDX jazz fest, which could be cool.

Reactions: Tyr
Is there a good website that aggregates all the shows?
You know, I use songkick and they aren't too bad. I don't feel the notifications are ahead of time always though. I really try to follow the bands, labels, venues I really love on Insta/Facebook. Really the main reason I even have Facebook anymore. Spotify sends out some notifications too, along with pre-sale info on some of those shows.

You know, I use songkick and they aren't too bad. I don't feel the notifications are ahead of time always though. I really try to follow the bands, labels, venues I really love on Insta/Facebook. Really the main reason I even have Facebook anymore. Spotify sends out some notifications too, along with pre-sale info on some of those shows.

Yea I've heard songkick is ok but i don't want to have to add bands. I'd rather just look at a calender that has who's playing where each day.

So far I just have Dan Mangan and The Beths--and those shows are like, 2 days apart in April. Thinking about Best Coast.

Oh wait, Katie Pruitt and Anna Burch are both coming through. And Yola...

Just bought my first concert ticket of the decade: Fennesz (w/Britton Howell, Visible Cloaks) @ Holocene. Never been to an ambient show before.

Thinking about others...slim pickings so far, in my opinion.

EDIT: I currently have a docket of:
  1. Helens (w/Deserta, The Mighty Missoula)
  2. Fennesz (w/Britton Howell, Visible Cloaks)
  3. Carly Rae Jepsen [VIP]
  4. Nicole Atkins
  5. Soccer Mommy (w/Emily Reo)

Last edited:
File this under Dumb Shit I Slept On, but I've been waiting until payday (today) to buy Destroyer tix at the Aladdin. Looked earlier this week and they were available. Looked just now as my paycheck came in. Sold out. I had the freaking cash earlier this week, just wanted to buy the tickets when I had the buffer. I'm a dunce.

Spring shows are starting to pile up. I'm in for these...

2/12 - Alexandra Savior
2/24 - Andy Shauf
3/3 - Frances Quinlan
3/13 - Jason Lytle (Grandaddy)
3/24 - Wilco
4/18 - U.S. Girls
5/5 - Monophonics
5/22 - Daniel Norgren (solo piano)

Last edited:
Spring shows are starting to pile up. I'm in for these...

2/12 - Alexandra Savior
2/24 - Andy Shauf
3/3 - Frances Quinlan
3/13 - Jason Lytle (Grandaddy)
3/24 - Wilco
4/18 - U.S. Girls
5/22 - Daniel Norgren (solo piano)

Glass Animals sold out already and I believe Thundercat is here the 19th.

Back