PopTarts Unite!

Yeah, true. "Rolling in the Deep" was bigger than "Hello". I'm not really an Adele fan at all so I completely forgot about that one.

"Blank Space" was maybe bigger than "Shake It Off" but only marginally and I do like Shake it Off better, but that's super subjective. That whole album is great IMO.

This is how I interpreted and how I picked my choices, my 3 favorites would likely have been different (except maybe Teenage Dream). And there is obviously subjectivity regarding that too, and I definitely picked 3 that I liked as well as fitting that interpretation. But how I read it is why I was hoping songs by more Pop-Rock, Rap, or obscure picks were eliminated. Love those artists but I dont see that as "representative of pop for the 2010s".
With the minimal guidance I gave, I honestly thought that Old Town Road would receive far more nominations and have lasted longer.

I'm pleased with the outcome though.

WELL then I just fuxed it all up, my bad. I'm terrible at following instructions, and figured that the defining pop songs of the decade had been done to death in the blogosphere and in traditional media, so I figured it was more to... our tastes. so.

apologies. I def did nothing but play favorites.

and now we have the 2010s with none of the hallmarks. START OVER.

😊

WELL then I just fuxed it all up, my bad. I'm terrible at following instructions, and figured that the defining pop songs of the decade had been done to death in the blogosphere and in traditional media, so I figured it was more to... our tastes. so.

😊
Yeah, I was looking at personal tastes. In some cases the bigger song was far more annoying because it was overplayed. I make no apologies, though. I don't really care what other people think about these songs cause they aren't listening to them for me.

😊
Yeah, I was looking at personal tastes. In some cases the bigger song was far more annoying because it was overplayed. I make no apologies, though. I don't really care what other people think about these songs cause they aren't listening to them for me.

No apologies are needed at all!

And Deb - exactly. We don't care what others think of what we listen to here in pop-tart land. :)

😊
You do what you want! You're the Flyest of B's. No one can tell you what to do!

Also, I voted much the same.

No retreat, no remorse! lol

I think there’s a difference, too, between songs from the 2010s that were big in the 2010s and songs from the 2010s that will have enduring appeal in the 2020s and beyond. If a song can be overplayed, I’m not sure it’s actually worthy to represent an entire decade. There are certain songs on this list that will never get old or annoying.

I think there’s a difference, too, between songs from the 2010s that were big in the 2010s and songs from the 2010s that will have enduring appeal in the 2020s and beyond. If a song can be overplayed, I’m not sure it’s actually worthy to represent an entire decade. There are certain songs on this list that will never get old or annoying.

What I’m trying to say is Katy Perry is a true queen, and she lives on in the hearts of all the the real ones out there. 🥺

She warned us about this day in her royal proclamation:

I knew you were
You were gonna come to me
And here you are
But you better choose carefully
'Cause I'm capable of anything
Of anything and everything

Make me your Aphrodite
Make me your one and only
But don't make me your enemy, your enemy, your enemy

So you wanna play with magic
Boy, you should know whatcha falling for
Baby do you dare to do this
'Cause I'm coming atcha like a dark horse

But also: Taylor should be in the top 3. Love her or hate her, she's arguably the biggest pop star of the decade. Her or Bey.

Opinions, right?
So this is semi unrelated (and yes I've already voted - my top 2 picks overall have to be Green Light and Run Away With Me - both just do so much for me).

Anyway...I guess I am a Taylor Swift fan now. Like more than I was, thanks to Lover. I still love that album. But since, I got really into 1989. And now I own Red too, and am spinning it now and yep loving it. Maybe not as much as the other two, but I still dig a lot of this album. She does seem a little too young on it maybe, or that the songs skew more towards younger ones. Arguably, all of her music can or does. But this one sounds different. Still lots to love. And now I guess I'm just on board all the way.

CRJ still had the best pop album of the decade though.

Round 3 is done!

We said goodbye to: Lana Del Rey (sorry @Tyr ), Lady Gaga, Adele and Lizzo.

Robyn and Bey are down to 1 song!

We now have to choose between 2 Lorde songs.

Tik Tok is the lowest seeded song at 52 that is still in this!

Here you go: Round 4. @Chucktshoes - this is new, please vote!

Get those tissues ready - some tears will be shed!

Here's the bracket in case anyone wants to see it:

I don't like to participate in these things because I have different taste than most people and I usually get my heart broken. It's like voting Independent in America.

Also, I have a hard time with the delineation between "Vote for your favourite" and "Vote for what you think best represents the ideal."

But after looking at the bracket I'm surprised by how well it's going.

I don't understand how Formation made it this far, though.... as I can't even think of how that song goes at the moment, but many of the songs it's beaten are absolute bangers. But I'm probably the outlier, there.

I don't like to participate in these things because I have different taste than most people and I usually get my heart broken. It's like voting Independent in America.

Also, I have a hard time with the delineation between "Vote for your favourite" and "Vote for what you think best represents the ideal."

But after looking at the bracket I'm surprised by how well it's going.

I don't understand how Formation made it this far, though.... as I can't even think of how that song goes at the moment, but many of the songs it's beaten are absolute bangers. But I'm probably the outlier, there.

It's been fun to get people engaged and listening to some pop!

And I'll just leave this here for you cause it is very worth knowing how this song goes.

Back