PopTarts Unite!

Went with #4, the "bettys garden one" and the "i knew you" shirt so I could get free shipping. Fighting the urge to make another order for a 2nd variant.

Really excited for this.

I'm torn between the "hide and seek" and "clandestine meetings" covers, have to admit I'm not super crazy about the rest of them but I like those two, thing is those two color variants are kind of underwhelming

She should have just done it completely customizable, like a build-a-bear with vinyl 😂

Dorian Electra has been teasing something with some weird, creepy ARG style videos lately, and now they have something premiering on YouTube in a couple hours, maybe a song?

I am truly glad I don't need to check with someone else to make sure it is cool to like an artist before deciding on if it is good or not.

Like what you wanna like. From my experience, this forum is overall very accepting of others' tastes. This particular thread seems to be one of the safer spaces here, and why I gravitate a good chunk of my attention here.

Like what you wanna like. From my experience, this forum is overall very accepting of others' tastes. This particular thread seems to be one of the safer spaces here, and that is why I gravitate a good chunk of my attention here.
I really thought people were more accepting, but then Taylor Swift got Bon Iver and some dudes from the National on her album. I don't remember this level of toxicity for Lover, but there's definitely been some major level snobby indie dick-wagging over this one and I'm not into it.

I've never fully understood the hate directed at Taylor Swift, and as she is honest about in her documentary, Miss Americana, it has taken its toll. I have nothing but admiration for her. She hooked me with Red, which was the first of her albums I ever listened to closely and man, it blew me away. As a kid of the 60's and teenager through the 70's, I grew up at a time of some terrific singer/songwriters, and Red brought me back to those times.

I've never fully understood the hate directed at Taylor Swift, and as she is honest about in her documentary, Miss Americana, it has taken its toll. I have nothing but admiration for her. She hooked me with Red, which was the first of her albums I ever listened to closely and man, it blew me away. As a kid of the 60's and teenager through the 70's, I grew up at a time of some terrific singer/songwriters, and Red brought me back to those times.
Yeah throughout her career there has been this sort of hate leveled at her, and it’s a bit confusing. Watching her beak that all down in the doc was great. And you can see how it’s messed with her and influenced her music. I feel she took a hard turn on Reputation because of how she felt she was being perceived. But Lover scaled that back and it just sounded like she was having fun. Folklore feels similar, like she doesn’t necessarily care about the criticism right now. Which is incredibly refreshing.

Anyway, I haven’t seen hate for the new album anywhere really. A lot of people into The National are digging it. But I haven’t ventured outside that bubble much to see what people are saying.

Back