PopTarts Unite!

I know that Anthony Fantano is a controversial figure on N&G as to who likes/appreciates his content, but I enjoyed this interview.

Things Rebecca mentioned of great import here include her admiration of cemented futurepop artists like Charli XCX, Dorian Electra, Christine and the Queens, and SOPHIE. I was impressed by some of her answers to Anthony's questions, but even more with her interest in pursuing and evolving her sound towards the bubblegum bass/electropop/deconstructed club sound that we are seeing from lots of queer-friendly pop today.

At the 25:35 mark, I appreciated Fantano rattling off a list of songs (as well as a whole album LOL) that he deems more abysmal than Rebecca's infamous "Friday" (and I agreed with all of them). I'm glad to see that the undeserved and oft maligned jeers from keyboard warriors as a teenager didn't break her, and she seems to be in a good place.

The halfway mark of the interview shifts to some questions from the Twitch chat (try to avoid reading if you can; mostly a dumpster fire). Highlight in this section includes admiration for CRJ at the 33:05 mark. ❤ Amusing yet detailed response, too.

Perhaps we will be seeing a futurepop release from her? At 7:44, she mentioned having a case of writer's block during the current pandemic (unfair to expect a How I'm Feeling Now in unprecedented times). She also has some unreleased raunchy music that seems to be a push towards a new identity.

Looking forward to what she may have for the popheads whenever she's ready.

Troye Sivan In A Dream EP signed bundles:

Prices are a bit ridiculous, but not unexpected...

But the gays are missing Jessie Ware...
Dedicated Side B is missing from the list too 🧐

Speaking of WYP?, I think my copy from Rough Trade is stuck in mail limbo. I'm sure it will get to me eventually, I'm just going to have to wait it out, as I'm currently doing with several pre-orders.

Upon browsing Target's vinyl selection during downtime at work...

I think this listing has been up for a couple of weeks, but there's no info. It should pop up somewhere else soon.

6 copies of Rina Sawayama in gold left for anyone who hasnt grabbed this yet...

FYI the US store was a much better experience than the UK one. Both were unsealed but my UK copy had a major top seam split and took almost a month to come in. Bought the US gold copy and it came in super quick in perfect shape and well packaged (US site is operated by Sandbag LTD so ship right out of the US via Fedex)

New Taylor Swift album dropping at midnight!

Plus there's a ton of different vinyl variants.

Plus plus Aaron Dessner of The National co-wrote most of the songs!

What.

Is it annoying that she's making 8 different versions (different cover art) so that it fuels people wanting to have them all? Yes. But I'm not mad. This is fantastic news.

New Taylor Swift album dropping at midnight!

Plus there's a ton of different vinyl variants.

Plus plus Aaron Dessner of The National co-wrote most of the songs!

What.

Is it annoying that she's making 8 different versions (different cover art) so that it fuels people wanting to have them all? Yes. But I'm not mad. This is fantastic news.

I like the choices, makes it a little more personal if you can fight the urge to get them all

Back