Political Discussion

Georgia is facing backlash for passing their voter restriction bill.

The PGA tour says they are pulling out of Georgia including the "Masters Tournament".

But is PGA pulling out of Georgia really going to change anything or put pressure on lawmakers?

MLB is also considering pulling the All Star Game out of Georgia which is supposed to be held there this summer.

It’d be enormous as the masters is on an enormous global scale. It being cancelled for weather/covid would be a big deal that the global sports news industry would waste a couple of days of print on, this would draw global focus on the law change. That’s before the economic impact on the local area. Politicians can be pretty damn obstinate when they thing they’re untouchable though.

Last edited:
More Qanon pal:

"With everything that's going on with "Evergreen" just now, I can't shake the feeling that there's something about The Simpsons also, and their address of 742 Evergreen Terrace. After all, they have been spot on about a great many things that have came to pass. So I wonder what this is telling us?"

You've heard it here first: Homer Simpson is Q. Or maybe Matt Groening...

Georgia is facing backlash for passing their voter restriction bill.

The PGA tour says they are pulling out of Georgia including the "Masters Tournament".

But is PGA pulling out of Georgia really going to change anything or put pressure on lawmakers?

MLB is also considering pulling the All Star Game out of Georgia which is supposed to be held there this summer.
The Masters Tournament runs golf. I would put odds of the tournament leaving Augusta at 1%. It starts next week so I doubt they'd move the tournament this late of a time. Groups are calling for the Tournament to be moved but the PGA Tour hasn't responded.

The Masters Tournament runs golf. I would put odds of the tournament leaving Augusta at 1%. It starts next week so I doubt they'd move the tournament this late of a time. Groups are calling for the Tournament to be moved but the PGA Tour hasn't responded.

Yeah, it's looking like the PGA's action would be for next years Masters if they go through with it. Looks like this years is going on as planned. Which is why you have a lot of people calling for them to take action.

Going back to the Georgia voter restrictions law that the governor signed into law.

I didn't realize this was part of the bill. But apparently handing out food or water to someone waiting in line to vote, including delivery of food ordered by someone in line is now a crime. And you can be arrested for it. Share food or water you brought with you with someone? Yup, you can be arrested and pulled out of line.

In high population areas, especially black communities where polls have been closed, waiting in line of up to 12 hours or more is not unheard of. As if the long lines aren't enough voter deteriance, now we are saying no food or water while you wait in line?

Meanwhile, republicans who vote in rural Georgia don't have to wait in lines and this new law wouldn't have any impact on them.

Right? Like...maintaining the status quo of a white male elite is Augusta's *whole thing*. Why would they punish Augusta for Georgia being the kind of place that...Augusta has been...all along?

More Qanon pal:

"With everything that's going on with "Evergreen" just now, I can't shake the feeling that there's something about The Simpsons also, and their address of 742 Evergreen Terrace. After all, they have been spot on about a great many things that have came to pass. So I wonder what this is telling us?"

Fucking ridiculous. Seriously

And I'm sure someone has brought it up already but Evergreen is fairly common contractual/business term for something that is autorenewing or, in this case I'd suspect, is continually relevant. So for the Q idiots....it makes sense.

More toilet paper shortages ahead. The more I read the more I realize that we are going to experience a lot of issues with the supply side of our economy. For months, economists have been debating what sort of pent up demand is out there given that people have been "locked up for a year" (I guess they didn't talk to any essential workers). However, I'm in the camp of economist that see the supply side shortages as a much bigger problem that could really transform our economic landscape. I don't think there is as much pent up demand as some economists believe. I think they fail to take into account the rise in food prices and exactly how many people were negatively effected by Covid-19.

But now experts say a brand new toilet paper shortfall could be on the horizon due to the lack of availability of shipping containers and space on cargo ships.

Suzano SA CEO Walter Schalka, whose firm produces the wood pulp that’s key to manufacturing bath tissue, told Bloomberg shipping problems threaten to delay his company’s shipments from South America and could ultimately leave store shelves tissue-less once again.

The shipping container shortage problem has been playing out for months due to high demand from China and the effects of the coronavirus pandemic on the global economy.

I'm behind on the discussion so forgive me if this was mentioned..

Wouldn't this be an opportune time to kickstart investment in domestic manufacturing? I mean the only time things change quickly is in a crisis situation, right?

Britain wouldn't have the NHS if not devastated by years of war. I don't think we are going to make fundamental changes to our "system" until it is so broken that it is our only choice.

More Qanon pal:

what about Marjoriever Greene, hmmm??? ask them that! right under our nosesss!
Screen Shot 2021-03-30 at 1.59.21 PM.png

also, I don't remember talking to marketing about rebranding to Corporate Communism. can someone send me the meeting notes?

Fucking ridiculous. Seriously

And I'm sure someone has brought it up already but Evergreen is fairly common contractual/business term for something that is autorenewing or, in this case I'd suspect, is continually relevant. So for the Q idiots....it makes sense.
MY PARENTS LIVE ON EVERGREEN DRIVE OMG OMG OMG

I'm behind on the discussion so forgive me if this was mentioned..

Wouldn't this be an opportune time to kickstart investment in domestic manufacturing? I mean the only time things change quickly is in a crisis situation, right?

Britain wouldn't have the NHS if not devastated by years of war. I don't think we are going to make fundamental changes to our "system" until it is so broken that it is our only choice.
I just read a great article by Richard Murphey that I thought was great at outlining the relationship between interest rates, inflation and asset prices and how these things are interdependent and inverse of each other--as inflation and interest rates stay low, asset prices rise. This is essentially what is happening right now because the feds have constructed our inflation at 2% to keep asset prices steadily rising (regardless of the real value of said asset). This is causing assets to be severely overpriced which is why most capital investment in this economy makes no sense.

So yes, I agree that now is the time to kickstart domestic manufacturing, but given the current economic conditions, getting a bank to lend you said capital to do something real like this, is going to be tough due to the issues outlined above. This ultimately means that we would have to find alternative sources for capital, and I think that local credit unions are probably everyone's best bet.

Here's the Murphey article if you're an econ nerd: We have to consign the era of financial engineering to history

what about Marjoriever Greene, hmmm??? ask them that! right under our nosesss!
View attachment 93728

also, I don't remember talking to marketing about rebranding to Corporate Communism. can someone send me the meeting notes?
I think you saw this but I'll link it here too.

12 people are responsible for most of this anti-vax content. Platforms like FB and Twitter promote it because that's what their business model does, rewards people for clicks and likes with promotion. And it seems that these 12 voices are all that is needed to screw up the US's vaccination push.

Sorry mate but that just ain’t true. I suppose you could say Labour got elected in 1945 on the promise of brighter days post war but it was the process of decades of slow reform and a major crisis in health provision in the years immediately before WWII.

Last edited:
More Qanon pal:

Matt Groening attended Evergreen State College In Olympia Washington, Olympia, WA is the State Capital of Washington, Washington is the “Evergreen State” Seattle and Redmond resides in Washington which is home to Amazon and Microsoft and Starbucks, Washington State was named after the first President of the United States of America, George Washington, George Washington was a noted Free Mason, The US Capitol is also named after George Washington and their largest newspaper is the Washington Post, The Washington Post is owned by Who...Jeff Bezos. Jeff Bezos resides in Washington State along with Howard Shultz and Bill Gates, they all live in the “Evergreen State” what else is green...Lizards. If you were an alien race of lizard people where would you reside? Obviously in the Evergreen State AKA Washington. In the Simpsons Season 4 episode 14 episode entitled “Selma’s Choice” Lisa Simpson declares herself “The Lizard Queen” later in season 11 episode 17 entitled “Bart To The Future” Lisa is the President of the United States preceded by...DONALD TRUMP. Clearly this was Matt Groening attempting to warn us that in the future the US would be controlled by a race of alien lizard people.

I, for one, welcome our new Lizard overlords.

If you would like further info on this and many other Simpsons related prophecies please click HERE to sign up for my hourly newsletter.

Last edited:
Sorry mate but that just ain’t true. I suppose you could say Labour got elected in 1945 on the promise of brighter days post war but it was the process of decades of slow reform and a major crisis in health provision in the years immediately before WWII.

I wont try and pretend I know more than you, however the climate post war has been credited in turning those decades of slow reform into actual change.

Details be damned, my point still remains that real change needs a catalyst.

I wont try and pretend I know more than you, however the climate post war has been credited in turning those decades of slow reform into actual change.

Details be damned, my point still remains that real change needs a catalyst.

I’m not sure that it wouldn’t have happened anyway. Maybe it would have happened quicker, perhaps it would have taken longer. It absolutely wouldn’t have happened had Churchill been re-elected but the war cabinet did set up an emergency health service during the war that could be seen as a precursor. The Beveridge report that suggested it came out right in the middle of the war but was commissioned before it. It’s just far more complex a birth than that being a sole, or even primary, factor. One thing that’s for sure is that Aneurin Bevan is one of Britain’s true great leaders, despite not actually leading the party.

I’m not sure that it wouldn’t have happened anyway. Maybe it would have happened quicker, perhaps it would have taken longer. It absolutely wouldn’t have happened had Churchill been re-elected but the war cabinet did set up an emergency health service during the war that could be seen as a precursor. The Beveridge report that suggested it came out right in the middle of the war but was commissioned before it. It’s just far more complex a birth than that being a sole, or even primary, factor. One thing that’s for sure is that Aneurin Bevan is one of Britain’s true great leaders, despite not actually leading the party.

I hope Bevan is suitably celebrated in Britain, they owe him massively.

It's too bad we weaponize ignorance here and you have some poor people fighting for our current system.

I hope Bevan is suitably celebrated in Britain, they owe him massively.

It's too bad we weaponize ignorance here and you have some poor people fighting for our current system.

He didn’t get his due during his life and never led the Labour Party. I gather he was a prickly driven type, like many of the Union types who cut their teeth during the general strikes of the first half of the last century had to be. He was feted immediately after his death and is an absolute hero in his home country, Wales, but less so in the rest of the U.K. unless you’ve studied that history.

The weaponisation of ignorance is a recent phenomenon and is equally present, pervasive and dangerous this side too. Look at Britain now post the utter insanity that was Brexit and with an utter tool in command.

Last edited:
Wow, Biden is so out of touch with how much it costs to go to College these days.

This week he extended the zero percent interest and collection attempts for student loans in default. But still strongly opposes taking any action for student loan forgiveness.

He says it's not his place to do it by Executive order and that congress should be the ones to act. And once again he indicates he would support any legislation from congress with student loan forgiveness up to $10,000 per borrower. Why the $10,000 limit? Well, he doesn't feel like we should forgive the student loan debt for people who went to Harvard or Yale.

Umm, buddy, $10,000 is nothing. I was in a regular old college from 2004 through 2008 and my tuition each semester was more than $10,000. Even after scholarships and financial aid, I still had loans totaling a little over 50k when I graduated.

middle of a pandemic
post power grid failure and devastating storm
ongoing border problems
aging infrastructure
the most uninsured state
a rapidly swelling population
lagging education
increasing economic disparity

and what is the Texas legislature prioritizing?
regulating my body. not surprised but fucking livid.

and when they are done with that, they'll do their best to make sure we can't vote in people to fix it. our voting laws are some of the most restrictive in the country, and like Georgia, they are escalating their attack on this American right.

I swear to fuck, I'll burn the House down.

Wow, Biden is so out of touch with how much it costs to go to College these days.

This week he extended the zero percent interest and collection attempts for student loans in default. But still strongly opposes taking any action for student loan forgiveness.

He says it's not his place to do it by Executive order and that congress should be the ones to act. And once again he indicates he would support any legislation from congress with student loan forgiveness up to $10,000 per borrower. Why the $10,000 limit? Well, he doesn't feel like we should forgive the student loan debt for people who went to Harvard or Yale.

Umm, buddy, $10,000 is nothing. I was in a regular old college from 2004 through 2008 and my tuition each semester was more than $10,000. Even after scholarships and financial aid, I still had loans totaling a little over 50k when I graduated.
I think it's in the Murphey article I linked to above. It's the one that shows the inverse relationship between asset price and interest rates and inflation. The powers that drive our economy didn't want another Great Depression a la the 1930's so they started financially engineering our market to avoid that sort of rapid asset devaluation. This later was incorporated into a more complete economic theory where everything is fine, as long as asset prices always go up. So to make sure this happens, the Federal Bank has controlled inflation through interest rates.

As long as we hold interest rates artificially low, we are going to have asset price rise. We are now at the portion of the paradigm where asset prices become comically silly, because our system has been over engineered in order to make sure that wealth stays where it's put--at the top. To get out of this, we need to forgive a lot of debt, and allow inflation to happen. That's the only way asset prices will come down to real levels, but this would wipe out a lot of wealth for the most powerful people in this country, and that's why it's not happening.

middle of a pandemic
post power grid failure and devastating storm
ongoing border problems
aging infrastructure
the most uninsured state
a rapidly swelling population
lagging education
increasing economic disparity

and what is the Texas legislature prioritizing?
regulating my body. not surprised but fucking livid.

and when they are done with that, they'll do their best to make sure we can't vote in people to fix it. our voting laws are some of the most restrictive in the country, and like Georgia, they are escalating their attack on this American right.

I swear to fuck, I'll burn the House down.
Patriarch gotta patriarch.
I'm no longer surprised, just sad.

Back