Political Discussion

Well, at least we now have a reason to be excited about November.

I can assure the replacement isn't much better, probably worse.

He's stepping down from leader, but is not vacating his seat.

Yea, the "keep acting like everything's fine" strategy seems to be the way. Was a good run, guys.

View attachment 196394
I am glad they did this protest vote I think will have an impact on policy but As things stand currently, I would still be surprised if Biden lost the election overall (and Michigan in particular). He is not running in a vacuum. “Lesser of two evils” votes will still likely favor Biden. It’s easy to be pessimistic given how underwhelming the candidates are but I still think the is a huge swath of voters will hold their noses and vote for Biden. Most voters DGAF about any of this until after the Party Conventions (if not later) so obviously things could change for both candidates moving forward but for context there were about 5.5 million voters in the 2020 general election with only about 10,000 votes separating those two candidates and the primary yesterday there were only 1.8 million (1.1 M voting in GOP primary/700K in Dem primary) votes cast. meaning most people don’t really care at this point. It’s something to watch but I don’t think the “not committed” vote portends much of anything for the general election as things currently stand. Especially if some sort of sustainable cease fire agreement is reached relatively soon most voters will move on to other issue by the time November rolls around.

Lol the Democrats are so cooked.

I don’t buy the ‘undecided voter’ argument. People don’t like Biden’s age, I‘m one of them. But there is no way in hell I would ever consider voting for Trump over Biden or any other Democrat at this point. Not voting is as good as a vote for Trump. I believe the American people will show up and do the right thing (I need to believe this to sleep at night).

I don’t buy the ‘undecided voter’ argument. People don’t like Biden’s age, I‘m one of them. But there is no way in hell I would ever consider voting for Trump over Biden or any other Democrat at this point. Not voting is as good as a vote for Trump. I believe the American people will show up and do the right thing (I need to believe this to sleep at night).
Uncommitted is not the same as undecided. It's an all of these suck, and I'm going to say as much vote. It's a primary statement. Biden has plenty of time to put forward better policy and more effort to keep the state. We'll see if he does.

That's fine; that's not the point of their uncommitted votes. It was to tell Biden that if he continues to support a genocide, he shouldn't count on his support. They're not saying they're going to vote for Trump. The ball is entirely in his and the party's court to change their policy.

They lost the "right thing" or "lesser of two evils" argument several months ago.

M
Uncommitted is not the same as undecided. It's an all of these suck, and I'm going to say as much vote. It's a primary statement. Biden has plenty of time to put forward better policy and more effort to keep the state. We'll see if he does.
Exactly. This is a protest vote and I am sure Biden’s campaign heard their concern. Michigan was won by only 10,000 votes in 2020. It’s too close not to pay attention. Also, most who turned out for a primary to vote Uncommitted are well informed and highly political. Most will turn out to vote in November and unless there is another viable candidate most will unenthusiastically vote for Biden.

Last edited:
That's fine; that's not the point of their uncommitted votes. It was to tell Biden that if he continues to support a genocide, he shouldn't count on his support. They're not saying they're going to vote for Trump. The ball is entirely in his and the party's court to change their policy.

They lost the "right thing" or "lesser of two evils" argument several months ago.
I understand the uncommitted vote and support the message being sent. I also think those who care that much about the Palestine -Israel situation know if Trump was President the situation would be infinitely worse.

I guess I was just conflating the 2 things after hearing a story about how critical undecided voters are.

Goddammit!

I think it’s for the best TBH, Trump is going to lose since, theoretically; if they were to uphold his immunity claim, Biden could have all the conservative Supreme Court justices murdered on his way out of office if he so chose and would not be held accountable. It’s should be early enough that these cases should be still be able to move forward without much delay.

If the courts chose not to rule this sort of thing could continue to pop up. This should end it for now.

I think it’s for the best TBH, Trump is going to lose since, theoretically; if they were to uphold his immunity claim, Biden could have all the conservative Supreme Court justices murdered on his way out of office if he so chose and would not be held accountable. It’s should be early enough that these cases should be still be able to move forward without much delay.

If the courts chose not to rule this sort of thing could continue to pop up. This should end it for now.

Oh, I absolutely agree on that count. But to take 2 weeks just to announce they're going to take it up with no dissents basically plays as "tell me most of you are beholden to Trump without telling me most of you are beholden to Trump." They clearly recognize the seriousness of the matter and I just can't believe they're dense enough not to see the urgency of the matter as well -- so this drag-ass delay in announcing they'll take the matter up, as well as the hearing being set for 2 months from now plays directly into helping Trump run the clock without having to officially take a stance, yet.

It's not surprising, but it's fucked.

Oh, I absolutely agree on that count. But to take 2 weeks just to announce they're going to take it up with no dissents basically plays as "tell me most of you are beholden to Trump without telling me most of you are beholden to Trump." They clearly recognize the seriousness of the matter and I just can't believe they're dense enough not to see the urgency of the matter as well -- so this drag-ass delay in announcing they'll take the matter up, as well as the hearing being set for 2 months from now plays directly into helping Trump run the clock without having to officially take a stance, yet.

It's not surprising, but it's fucked.
Yeah, it’s more BS stall tactics but let’s be honest, none of these cases were ever going to be settled before the election. This fucker was always gonna delay and stall past Election Day. Trump is pretty fucked financially already due to the NY ruling hopefully he loses in November and get convicted criminally too.
IMG_2459.jpeg

I understand the uncommitted vote and support the message being sent. I also think those who care that much about the Palestine -Israel situation know if Trump was President the situation would be infinitely worse.

I guess I was just conflating the 2 things after hearing a story about how critical undecided voters are.
Buddy, how much worse could it be? 30,000+ Palestinians dead, Israeli soldiers proudly broadcasting their war crimes on TikTok, funding for aid suspended by almost every western nation, Israeli civilians blocking aid trucks from getting in, almost all infrastructure destroyed, journalists and academics systematically assassinated along with their families, soldiers shooting medical workers and patients inside and outside of hospitals, and 2 million displaced and on the brink of starvation, while the U.S. denies it all and vetoes every U.N. Security Council motion trying to get a ceasefire.

Back