Political Discussion

View attachment 193068

This got me wondering about comparisons to the recent couple of caucuses. It's somewhat heartening to realize that 1.) the frontrunner in Iowa isn't a surefire win for the primaries [see Bernie/Cruz], 2.) DJT's just a smidge above par from his past primary caucus even with fewer rivals to split votes between, and 3.) R caucus participation is significantly down from 186,932 votes cast in 2016.

View attachment 193065View attachment 193066View attachment 193067

Screencapped from the wikipedia articles on relevant party caucus years detailed at top.
I've been thinking about this. There are too many confounding factors here to draw any firm conclusions. The weather was awful, and Trump's victory was such a foregone conclusion that the turnout wasn't that important.

It's interesting information, but is it enough to tell us anything? More states would provide a clearer picture, but as the field narrows with each successive primary, the incentive for turnout likewise decreases (presuming, maybe incorrectly, that lots of Trump voters aren't that invested in downticket races).

The silver lining to depressed turnout for Trump (beyond him not becoming president of course) might be a Senate map that is more in play than currently projected.

I've been thinking about this. There are too many confounding factors here to draw any firm conclusions. The weather was awful, and Trump's victory was such a foregone conclusion that the turnout wasn't that important.

It's interesting information, but is it enough to tell us anything? More states would provide a clearer picture, but as the field narrows with each successive primary, the incentive for turnout likewise decreases (presuming, maybe incorrectly, that lots of Trump voters aren't that invested in downticket races).

The silver lining to depressed turnout for Trump (beyond him not becoming president of course) might be a Senate map that is more in play than currently projected.
But we need the disenchanted from the other side of the aisle too. Like Biden can't do what Biden is going to do and go, ahhh... see it's not so bad, kiddies:
16AVIATORS-1-mediumSquareAt3X.jpg

Another reason healthcare shouldn't be for profit.
“It’s great to keep costs down and keep [insurance] premiums down,” said Inmaculata Hernandez, a professor at the University of California San Diego Skaggs School of Pharmacology, an expert on pharmacy policy. “But we’ve seen it’s just too low for manufacturers to have sufficient incentives to manufacture drugs.”

but if this is true, why are they making inhalers for the UK and the other places where they're cheap? this is some bullshit

Here is an article about the "American Dream" for Millennials. And even those who we as a society as being successful and obtaining the American Dream say if they had to do it all over again, they would do things different. Today, living the American Dream means too much stress, razor thin margins on their finances and the threat that at anytime everything could implode. The American Dream does not bring happiness and higher quality of life.

Got laid off on Tuesday. Good news is with a decent severance package that should give me about 3.5 months to job hunt before I start eating into savings.

On the other hand, the job market in my industry is barren because high interest rates have scared off all the investment capital. Meanwhile, my landlord still wants to raise my rent 125$ a month (off $1350 which was $1300 two years ago) because high interest rates have made the housing crises even worse.

All while Biden and the mainstream media try and tell me the economy is in a good place because shareholders are doing well.

I've never voted for a Republican in my life but would consider voting for George Bush Jr. over Biden at this point-- if we were living in a fantasy world where the GOP wasn't run by facists.

Last edited:
Back