Political Discussion

US law requires them to give me an itemized bill, but Dignity Health aka CommonSpirit Health, one of the largest non-profit healthcare facility providers in the country, has pulled out every stop possible to not deliver what they are required to provide by law. Among the tricks they pulled (described in detail in the article) are:

• Not sending me the bill after I requested it
  • After requesting it again, sending me a form to request the itemized bill I’d already requested
  • Making sure that the form didn’t tell you how to return it to them (no return address to send it to, no details of any kind about what to do with the form)
  • Having a phone system that repeatedly hung up on me
  • Giving me an address to send the form to that does not exist.

The only surprising thing about this is to think that Biden's mental decline is somehow not present in Trump who can't even string a sentence together and makes even more verbal blunders than Biden. We literally have two geriatrics with increasingly evident cognitive problems who are leading the race to be president. Not to mention one is unhinged and might go to prison. The fall of America is too insane for fiction.

The only surprising thing about this is to think that Biden's mental decline is somehow not present in Trump who can't even string a sentence together and makes even more verbal blunders than Biden. We literally have two geriatrics with increasingly evident cognitive problems who are leading the race to be president. Not to mention one is unhinged and might go to prison. The fall of America is too insane for fiction.
There are so many stupid, poorly educated voters. And yet, a Rasmussen poll has Biden leading by 4 points. Just goes to prove that polls are meaningless, especially this far out. They are both too old, but anyone with critical thinking skills should know that there is only one choice.

1700063721326.png
Article is paywalled but here is the link

I wonder if Trump gets away with it by being rambling and free associative on his best days. Also, to what extend do Trump voters not care? To what extent do they know he’s equally incompetent but represents a disruptor, especially one who’s willing to just say anything while the other guy struggles to read a script.

Awesome. Another old F might throw his hat in the ring to try to get Donald Trump elected again.

What really makes me angry about this article and similar cases is that frequently when references are made to faulty ai or erroneous ai, we have to keep in mind that we are dealing with algorithms programmed by human beings and fed with data by humans and these algorithms are not erroneous at all.the program in this case is doing exactly what it is supposed to to, namely restricting as many people as possible from coverage and giving the individuals dealing with this no chance to argue because the mighty ai made a statistical analysis and no individual doctor or lawyer can easily refute that and if more cases come up ( and it goes to the press or courts like here) it's all due to some unfortunate ai error and ghe experts will look at the data and the algorithm and be ghappy to bring the error rate down to 70% or maybe 50% in the future. But I am 100% sure that these programs are tested along the regular evaluation process ( with human case reviewers) and if they would even have an "error" of 10% in the other direction (I.e. providing coverage for more people) they would never be officially started, and data and algorithms will be tweaked. So to put this very clear: there is no unintelligible highly complex ai making hard or erroneous decisions here but intentional business decisions made by human beings in fucking greedy corporations to let a bunch of more people suffer and die to increase the profit margins.and "algorithms " are just the latest red herrings to keep us away from the truth that if you, your wife or your grandpa is denied coverage it is not because some all-knowing computer program thinks his chances with a therapy are slim but because someone decided it to be better for the bottom line to not cover your, your wife's or your grandpa's therapy

What really makes me angry about this article and similar cases is that frequently when references are made to faulty ai or erroneous ai, we have to keep in mind that we are dealing with algorithms programmed by human beings and fed with data by humans and these algorithms are not erroneous at all.the program in this case is doing exactly what it is supposed to to, namely restricting as many people as possible from coverage and giving the individuals dealing with this no chance to argue because the mighty ai made a statistical analysis and no individual doctor or lawyer can easily refute that and if more cases come up ( and it goes to the press or courts like here) it's all due to some unfortunate ai error and ghe experts will look at the data and the algorithm and be ghappy to bring the error rate down to 70% or maybe 50% in the future. But I am 100% sure that these programs are tested along the regular evaluation process ( with human case reviewers) and if they would even have an "error" of 10% in the other direction (I.e. providing coverage for more people) they would never be officially started, and data and algorithms will be tweaked. So to put this very clear: there is no unintelligible highly complex ai making hard or erroneous decisions here but intentional business decisions made by human beings in fucking greedy corporations to let a bunch of more people suffer and die to increase the profit margins.and "algorithms " are just the latest red herrings to keep us away from the truth that if you, your wife or your grandpa is denied coverage it is not because some all-knowing computer program thinks his chances with a therapy are slim but because someone decided it to be better for the bottom line to not cover your, your wife's or your grandpa's therapy
Read.this.again.
Yes!!! All so incredibly true

5 different national polls were conducted earlier this month, and in all 5 of them Biden trails Trump by 2 to 4 points.

This is only the second time in the last 100 years that a sitting president has trailed by this much this early in the election cycle.

Back