Political Discussion

I'll have to look it up later when I get home but I don't think it's very much.

No worries. I was just curious because I don't think we can easily take loans out of our retirement plans here, but I may be wrong because I never looked into it.

Credit Karma shows me this offer.

Tried a similar one last year and was denied.

1668896526765.png

Would it be worth consolidating 6 credit cards into one 18% loan though? It shows I could pay them off in 60 months, which is better than the 18 year estimate I couldn't get from my credit cards when making minimum payments.

But I'd imagine I could do better.

My local credit union doesn't do loans to pay off debt. Only car loans and home loans. I've already looked into them.

A quick check of my 401k, and they will only allow me to borrow up to 10k. Nothing more at the same time.

Credit Karma shows me this offer.

Tried a similar one last year and was denied.

View attachment 157992

Would it be worth consolidating 6 credit cards into one 18% loan though? It shows I could pay them off in 60 months, which is better than the 18 year estimate I couldn't get from my credit cards when making minimum payments.

But I'd imagine I could do better.

My local credit union doesn't do loans to pay off debt. Only car loans and home loans. I've already looked into them.

A quick check of my 401k, and they will only allow me to borrow up to 10k. Nothing more at the same time.

18% seems extraordinarily high unless your interest rates over there are in a different place to ours.

But yes put as much as you can afford onto the loan. Preferably all. 18% seems high to me for a personal loan, I am in a different country though, but is infinitely preferable to paying a possible APR of up to 60% on a credit card and only making the minimum payment which is just trapping you in a never ending debt cycle.

Last edited:
18% seems extraordinarily high unless your interest rates over there are in a different place to ours.

When compared to a car or home loan yes. But a general purpose I need cash loan, it seems to be in par with most offers I have sen over here. There are many that are much higher as well.

But of course you have to remember that all these offers are by for profit companies. Rather than going for offers I bet I could do better if I did a lot of research.

When compared to a car or home loan yes. But a general purpose I need cash loan, it seems to be in par with most offers I have sen over here. There are many that are much higher as well.

But of course you have to remember that all these offers are by for profit companies. Rather than going for offers I bet I could do better if I did a lot of research.

Fair enough your market is higher then. I could get a home/car loan for around 5% and a standard personal loan for around 9%.

18% is still infinitely preferable to credit card rates. It’s miles lower than the reality that they pose.

No worries. I was just curious because I don't think we can easily take loans out of our retirement plans here, but I may be wrong because I never looked into it.
I was curious so I looked it up - on a $14,000 loan I'll end up paying $2,077.54 in interest. But of course that money just goes back to me, not a bank.

Just looking real quick, my credit union will do personal loans with rates between 9.9 and 17.9. Credit score may be what's pushing the rate a little higher, if not you should be able to find a credit union that'll do personal loans with a better rate than you're seeing. Like Joe said, get an account and be a member for a bit and that may help.

Here is another factor to inflation that we are seeing.

Target has raised prices because of increased shoplifting.
This is poorly written I think. Other sources report that Target’s Q3 earnings reflect $400M cumulative losses due to shoplifting in 2022 so far, not for Q3 alone. Target is currently projecting shoplifting will result in $600M of loss for the year overall. This article describes results 2-3x worse than they actually are.

This is poorly written I think. Other sources report that Target’s Q3 earnings reflect $400M cumulative losses due to shoplifting in 2022 so far, not for Q3 alone. Target is currently projecting shoplifting will result in $600M of loss for the year overall. This article describes results 2-3x worse than they actually are.
They are blaming inflated pricing on shop lifting not record profits.

• Comparable sales growth was driven by 1.4 percent traffic growth and a 1.3 percent increase in average ticket.

Here is something you don't see talked about too often. Wage theft. I bring it up because corporations and the media as well as politicians like to sensationalize shoplifting. But almost never bring up or seek to address wage theft.

One can only assume because wage theft benefits corporations and shareholders and pursuing wouldn't put the poor or minorities behind bars.

Just keep kicking that can down the road till I’m about 85-90. What’s the Supreme Court gonna do about that?
As I don't know well the ins and outs of the constitutionality of the debt relief program, can anyone tell me the legal arguments for it? I only ever hear how it's "illegal" from my more, um, libertarian friends.

As I don't know well the ins and outs of the constitutionality of the debt relief program, can anyone tell me the legal arguments for it? I only ever hear how it's "illegal" from my more, um, libertarian friends.
The argument I’ve gathered from opponents is that only Congress has the authority to manage or change the nation’s finances, which in this instance is collecting the debt owed to the government. The courts have stated that congress has not expressly granted authority to the Education Department to forgive/waive the debt.

I was talking to my wife today about it all and am genuinely curious what would happen if the administration simply ignored the courts and forgave the debt anyway. I don’t know of any meaningful recourse they could leverage against Biden.

All the anti-LGBT rhetoric the past year has really been getting to me but after the latest tragedy I’m really just not able to cope with it at all. The way the right has only double down on calling gays groomers and how they outwardly attacking drag queens I just can’t take it anymore. I don’t think I’ve ever felt as doom and gloom as I do rn

All the anti-LGBT rhetoric the past year has really been getting to me but after the latest tragedy I’m really just not able to cope with it at all. The way the right has only double down on calling gays groomers and how they outwardly attacking drag queens I just can’t take it anymore. I don’t think I’ve ever felt as doom and gloom as I do rn
You are not alone. I am here. I was hanging out with a friend a couple days ago that was feeling the exact same way and it broke my heart to hear him talk about how sad and afraid he was. No one should feel this way for something as innate as sexuality and it makes me upset.

I adore you and if you ever need to bitch you can PM me anytime. Sending virtual ((HUGS)) your way. The rhetoric is discussing and wrong.

Back