Political Discussion

I have made more than one legit offer to help, or depending on cost, totally cover the cost of the add on software that would allow folks (mostly me) to ignore threads.

Honestly, I myself have not seen your request / offer.

I'm totally open to purchase the plugin if you want to donate it the community.

Is this the the add on you were referring too? [tl] Ignore Content

Please PM me if you would like to discuss it further.

Actually, I don’t want to come in here at all, I just can’t help myself. As I’ve said multiple times before, my interactions on this thread just cause me to dislike folks because I find many of the views held by folks here to be abhorrent. Not necessarily what y'all want for folks, but how y’all want to go about it which generally involves actions that fall into the realm of what I would term as being actively evil. I default to thinking that holding those views as crazy because the other option is worse. I have made more than one legit offer to help, or depending on cost, totally cover the cost of the add on software that would allow folks (mostly me) to ignore threads.

I know my problems with this thread and how I react to what I learn about the folks on this board from it are MY problems, not y’all’s. The admins are upfront about theirs, and the board’s bias. The title of the thread alone makes that perfectly clear so I can’t place the blame on anyone else for making this my own personal hell.

So, I hate this thread and everything about it, but it’s the flame to my moth and I will most likely continue to make myself miserable by posting in it.
This entire “I can’t quit you” speech is hilarious when framed with the quote you use as your signature. So in summation - the way you’re dealing with this shit is by starting and interjecting yourself into conversations with no clear intention outside of being argumentative and instigating comments that will in-turn make you miserable to the point where you've asked big brother (and offer to pay a “tax”) to aide you in ignoring said comments because you’re incapable of such an act without outside help? Maybe a dusting of cognitive dissonance there?

I disagree with almost everything you preach on this thread, but outside of that, I’m glad you continue to bath in your misery here. This would be a pretty boring thread to check in with if your dissenting opinion wasn’t splattered all over like graffiti in a bathroom stall. So before you pay that mute button tax, please know, at least I enjoy your presence here.

a reminder to play nice. please try to avoid insulting your fellow members in your discourse. there's some direct and indirect namecalling and insults here these last few pages. be a tamer, not an escalator.

This entire “I can’t quit you” speech is hilarious when framed with the quote you use as your signature. So in summation - the way you’re dealing with this shit is by starting and interjecting yourself into conversations with no clear intention outside of being argumentative and instigating comments that will in-turn make you miserable to the point where you've asked big brother (and offer to pay a “tax”) to aide you in ignoring said comments because you’re incapable of such an act without outside help? Maybe a dusting of cognitive dissonance there?

I disagree with almost everything you preach on this thread, but outside of that, I’m glad you continue to bath in your misery here. This would be a pretty boring thread to check in with if your dissenting opinion wasn’t splattered all over like graffiti in a bathroom stall. So before you pay that mute button tax, please know, at least I enjoy your presence here.
I have already paid for the mute button, but hey, at least my self inflicted misery was fun for someone. As far as my signature, my post and cognitive dissonance, I don’t really think the first two relate to the third. I didn’t blame anyone else for my actions. I placed all the blame on myself. I understand my weaknesses, and my inability to make better decisions and am greatly thankful for the willingness of the admin to help me and didn’t ask anyone else to bear the costs of what would help me have a healthier relationship here.

I love this board for the music, I would love to like a lot of y’all again for the music discussion. If any of y’all can’t let me as I existed in this thread go, I totally get it. Once I hit the ignore button on this thread I’m going to do my best to let it not exist in my head because I will choose to. I hope y’all can do the same for me.

Yea its funny because it’s just cover for the fact that he can’t have a healthy relationship with people who have dissenting opinions. There very thing he rails agains when he talks about “liberals”. The irony is not lost on me.

Elizabeth Warren is now leading the polls though in Iowa by 3 points.

Bidden is slipping slightly, Bernie drop drastically.

So we never know. I don't want to rule anything out until after the election. Anything is possible. I mean, we got Trump.

Elizabeth Warren is now leading the polls though in Iowa by 3 points.

Bidden is slipping slightly, Bernie drop drastically.

So we never know. I don't want to rule anything out until after the election. Anything is possible. I mean, we got Trump.
Not to be pessimistic but I think it's likely we'll get the second verse, same as the first. Biden seems to be Hillary 2.0 in terms of a propped up candidate that no one is actually enthusiastic about and I think Warren's Native American ancestry debacle is going to come back to haunt her.

Yea its funny because it’s just cover for the fact that he can’t have a healthy relationship with people who have dissenting opinions. There very thing he rails agains when he talks about “liberals”. The irony is not lost on me.
So he bought a blocker to ignore the thread he didn't like?
So he kinda created a safe space...

Not to be pessimistic but I think it's likely we'll get the second verse, same as the first. Biden seems to be Hillary 2.0 in terms of a propped up candidate that no one is actually enthusiastic about and I think Warren's Native American ancestry debacle is going to come back to haunt her.

It's a shit show. Bernie is tied with Biden in NH and CA (which is now a Super Tuesday state) while leading NV and CO (also Super Tuesday). But Warren seems like she might be leading in Iowa which would likely flip everything I just said about Bernie upside down as she would have the momentum. Meanwhile, Biden is ignoring places like NV and CO and just focusing on tearing up the south (from what I hear from people on the ground). Which just further illustrates what a disaster he could wind up being in the general. Cause the south ain't going blue.

I honestly wish that Bernie / Warren would just form a combined ticket to unite coalitions but that isn't going to happen.

More details relating to the whistleblower came out tonight. And it's being referred to as Trumps biggest political crisis to date.

Nancy Pelosi said this morning that if the information is true it as absolutely grounds for impeachment.

She's been reluctant to move forward with impeachment to date because it will politically charge Trump's base and could hand him a second term.

Pelosi says this latest Stunt by Trump can't go unchallenged if it is true.

More details relating to the whistleblower came out tonight. And it's being referred to as Trumps biggest political crisis to date.

Nancy Pelosi said this morning that if the information is true it as absolutely grounds for impeachment.

She's been reluctant to move forward with impeachment to date because it will politically charge Trump's base and could hand him a second term.

Haven't we seen this all before?
Don't get me wrong it's shady as shit, but do the public have the stomach for this after the Russia stuff (which was also shady). Basically Trump has always operated this way...walk everything up to the line of plausible deniability and take a victim stance when accused. Public opinion is pretty much baked in at this point.

And it's being referred to as Trumps biggest political crisis to date.

This is something that I find bothersome about the current news cycle narrative consumption. I mean this is probably news. I get that but I don't understand how this is bigger, or more important, or a surprise, or even that interesting to people. It just seems to be more and more political pep-rally and less and less identification / research into what the real story is.

I recently came across this situation when my in-laws visited. One of them was very wrapped-up in the 24 hour news cycle, constantly getting notifications on his phone. Like somehow something would be different from hour to hour, moment to moment.

It just seems incredibly unhealthy.

It feels like to me that the story is always the same, but people keep wanting to pretend that the most recent story is going to convince the other side that they were wrong all along and that our side was right all along. You might as well spit into the wind and mess around with Jim.

It's not that these issues don't matter. Something is obviously wrong, but the way they are presented to the public seems pretty harmful

I think Trump said it best when he said this. Forget impeaching him and forget attacking him. Just win the election, that is where we are at. Nobody in the Republican party other than John Kasich or Bill Weld are going to say a bad word about the man.

This is something that I find bothersome about the current news cycle narrative consumption. I mean this is probably news. I get that but I don't understand how this is bigger, or more important, or a surprise, or even that interesting to people. It just seems to be more and more political pep-rally and less and less identification / research into what the real story is.

I recently came across this situation when my in-laws visited. One of them was very wrapped-up in the 24 hour news cycle, constantly getting notifications on his phone. Like somehow something would be different from hour to hour, moment to moment.

It feels like to me that the story is always the same, but people keep wanting to pretend that the most recent story is going to convince the other side that they were wrong all along and that our side was right all along. You might as well spit into the wind and mess around with Jim.

It's not that these issues don't matter. Something is obviously wrong, but the way they are presented to the public seems pretty harmful

I'm sure that this type of corruption is rampant in his admin, which is really sad.

What is also sad is that it is just the tip of the iceberg for both parties. Making decisions that benefit corporations rather that individuals. I wish that benefits to society were seen this way. Somebody needs to chip away at this idea that corporations come first citizens come second.

She's been reluctant because she hasn't had the votes from within her own party for it to clear the House, much less to obtain a conviction in the Senate. If you come at the king, you best not miss.

I think this one is legitimately different in substance, even if it doesn't produce a different result.

Nah, Pelosi's not doing anything because she and the rest of the Democratic establishment are cowards. I welcome them trying to prove everybody wrong, though.

Back