Political Discussion

Joe's always been a word salad guy, but mainly clearheaded on the substance (whether you agree or disagree with his positions). I think that as a culture we need to be careful not to conflate an increased propensity for stumbling over your words, or being inarticulate, with cognitive decline. I mean, I don't have a degree in this, but I'd imagine there's probably a Venn diagram where those two things have some overlap (see: Trump) and a lot of space where they don't.

I'm not a supporter of his in this race, and I think the advanced age of several of the candidates is a legitimate issue, but those critiques have to be made with precision and sensitivity lest they just become ageist, IMO.

I get it , but to be taken seriously a person has to be a good communicator, especially a politician. I really think it will be easy for Trump to ridicule him with all his gaffs and it will stick and erode confidence in Biden. Other candidates appear more prepared to fight back.

I get it , but to be taken seriously a person has to be a good communicator, especially a politician. I really think it will be easy for Trump to ridicule him with all his gaffs and it will stick and erode confidence in Biden. Other candidates appear more prepared to fight back.
You’re spot on here. Biden is a short path to another Mondale in 84.

That for sure, although there will be a lot of irony in it coming from the worst communicator in presidential history (next to the guy who just infamously refused to speak at all).

Personally, my favorite moment last night was when Beto got the chance to discuss the biggest professional setback of his career and it somehow wasn’t about him losing to Ted Cruz.
I imagine that race was probably the biggest thing ever to happen for his profile. I didn't watch, but was his answer when his and Cedric Bixler-Zavala's band broke up?

Personally, my favorite moment last night was when Beto got the chance to discuss the biggest professional setback of his career and it somehow wasn’t about him losing to Ted Cruz.

Well considering it was Texas there were a lot of positives coming even getting as close as he did. But that had more to do with Trump and any of his traits.

Well it's not resiliency if instead of buckling down and tackling the same obstacle (a Senate seat), you get a big head and run for President (while abandoning a lot of the policy positions that made you popular in the first place).

Well it's not resiliency if instead of buckling down and tackling the same obstacle (a Senate seat), you get a big head and run for President (while abandoning a lot of the policy positions that made you popular in the first place).
Don Quixote isn’t going to be any more successful at taking down this windmill either.

Trump will eat this guy for breakfast.
Yes and not just because of the “gaffes”. Lazy motherfucker that he is, I’d bet Trump is thrilled at the possibility of running against Biden, because he’ll be able to run basically the exact same campaign he ran against Hillary. Although on the old-age stuff, I’m already angry about how the same outlets/people who were how-dare-you-sirring Castro this week will run headlines like “TRUMP RAISES QUESTIONS ABOUT BIDEN’S AGE” after he does a tight five on Sleepy Joe losing his car keys while 10,000 car dealership owners chant “Lock Him Up!”.
Um I thought this was a forum by and for record player enthusiasts; pretty disappointed in this answer.

Robert Francis’s performance in the debate has inspired a new purchase and project for me. Gonna start a new AR build off of one of these.
FD610BDD-31FB-426F-8E35-70F09414ED5A.jpeg

Can't say that I'm surprised, after all global warming is a hoax right? :rolleyes:

I'm guessing that would be Trudeau judging by the headlines popping up on my lockscreen
And apparently it was in 2001 when he was 29. Oof! Too recent in year and too old in age to be able to plausibly pass it off as either “it was a different time” “youthful ignorance.”

Back