Political Discussion

No, no, no, let's not worry about the people losing their lives to COVID, let's monitor twitter and call the algorithm "illegal".............moron of major proportions. Posted yesterday.
1595965735176.png

They haven't finalized the 2020 Census results yet, but it's looking more and more likely that the state of New York is going to lose a seat in the House of Representatives.

If this happens, the establishment is likely to eliminate AOC's distract because they don't like her. They fear that her progressiveness will impact them negatively in the polls and hand the victory over to the republicans. They are trying to save their own asses and ways.

I've heard the same and I really hope this doesnt happen. I lived in NY-14 during her initial grassroots campaign and proudly voted for her. Seeing her rise was amazing and watching her killing it in the house is even more so. I truly believe she is the future of the party and the democratic establishment won't be doing themselves any favors delaying the inevitable.

We can use more reps like her in both parties who work for their beliefs and the people who voted her in, rather than party loyalty (But that's politics!)

And so it begins...

He's gonna beat this horse until well after the election if he loses. To my understanding and little knowledge, he's not able to change the date of the election, I should say, he would need to go through the Democratic House to do so, the day/date is in the Constitution............but he's trampled that as it is, so buckle up.

so I was seeing on twitter lots of folks saying that he doesn't want mail in ballots because the way that he wants to cheat the system is by altering the voting machines. If more people vote by mail then the GOP can't alter results. Anyone know if there's truth to this?

so I was seeing on twitter lots of folks saying that he doesn't want mail in ballots because the way that he wants to cheat the system is by altering the voting machines. If more people vote by mail then the GOP can't alter results. Anyone know if there's truth to this?

There is no truth to that. That is a conspiracy.

Basically. what it comes down too is mail in ballots make it easier to vote. And if more people vote it favors the democrats.

By making it harder to vote it favors Republicans. Republicans are more likely to vote because it's their right and patrismn in all. They tend to be made up of a much higher percentage of white voters, are more suburb / rural and don't have to deal with long lines to vote and tend to be wealthier and have more means to getting to the polls.

Basically. what it comes down too is mail in ballots make it easier to vote. And if more people vote it favors the democrats.

By making it harder to vote it favors Republicans. Republicans are more likely to vote because it's their right and patrismn in all. They tend to be made up of a much higher percentage of white voters, are more suburb / rural and don't have to deal with long lines to vote and tend to be wealthier and have more means to getting to the polls.
Didn't Trump actually say at one point that when more people vote it never turns out well for Republicans? Again, he's so obvious.

Republicans in general don't want vote by mail because they know that it is overwhelmingly popular in urban democratic strongholds. It's popular in democratic strongholds in part because it's viewed as practical where voting lines tend to be longer, there are less polling stations per capita, and the poor and elderly often have a difficult time getting to polling stations, particularly in black and brown communities. The arguments about voter fraud have been proven false (over and over again) so it's nothing but a democratic voter suppression tactic.

Every state has different rules. The west coast tends to do this well but in most states you can request an absentee or mail-in ballot. Learn about vote by mail this election cycle.

It's important to vote early so that you can do your best to ensure your vote is delivered on time and will be counted. The slow-down by the post-master general is about mail-in ballot suppression. It's also important that you follow the instructions very carefully when filling out mail-in ballots so that your vote isn't discarded - have the ballots signed by a witness, sign and date properly, fill in the circles properly, etc. Sometimes it's made intentionally difficult.

Republicans in general don't want vote by mail because they know that it is overwhelmingly popular in urban democratic strongholds. It's popular in democratic strongholds in part because it's viewed as practical where voting lines tend to be longer, there are less polling stations per capita, and the poor and elderly often have a difficult time getting to polling stations, particularly in black and brown communities. The arguments about voter fraud have been proven false (over and over again) so it's nothing but a democratic voter suppression tactic.

Every state has different rules. The west coast tends to do this well but in most states you can request an absentee or mail-in ballot. Learn about vote by mail this election cycle.

It's important to vote early so that you can do your best to ensure your vote is delivered on time and will be counted. The slow-down by the post-master general is about mail-in ballot suppression. It's also important that you follow the instructions very carefully when filling out mail-in ballots so that your vote isn't discarded - have the ballots signed by a witness, sign and date properly, fill in the circles properly, etc. Sometimes it's made intentionally difficult.
Yeah that makes sense. I was skeptical, hence why I asked here. Every activist on twitter seems to get into conspiracy about hacking voting machines all the time.

I just voted in my primary by mail yesterday and plan to do so in the general in the fall.

Every activist on twitter seems to get into conspiracy about hacking voting machines all the time.

The current golden age of conspiracy theory isn't limited to a particular political affiliation and sadly whatever the actual-factual tactics are, whatever the real manipulation is, is getting lost in the shuffle. As Stevie Wonder so eloquently pointed out:
"When you believe in things that you don't understand, then you will suffer. Superstition aint the way."

Back