Political Discussion

Herman Cain dead from COVID-19, for which he tested positive less than two weeks after attending Trump's Tulsa rally while refusing to wear a mask.

I realize that an act of stupidity cannot encapsulate a person's life, but...Christ, what a hill to die on.
this didn't age well

yes get you vote in early if you are mail in. Most states aren’t set up to handle the level of volume not mail in ballots that will occurs this election.
Republicans in general don't want vote by mail because they know that it is overwhelmingly popular in urban democratic strongholds. It's popular in democratic strongholds in part because it's viewed as practical where voting lines tend to be longer, there are less polling stations per capita, and the poor and elderly often have a difficult time getting to polling stations, particularly in black and brown communities. The arguments about voter fraud have been proven false (over and over again) so it's nothing but a democratic voter suppression tactic.

Every state has different rules. The west coast tends to do this well but in most states you can request an absentee or mail-in ballot. Learn about vote by mail this election cycle.

It's important to vote early so that you can do your best to ensure your vote is delivered on time and will be counted. The slow-down by the post-master general is about mail-in ballot suppression. It's also important that you follow the instructions very carefully when filling out mail-in ballots so that your vote isn't discarded - have the ballots signed by a witness, sign and date properly, fill in the circles properly, etc. Sometimes it's made intentionally difficult.

yes get you vote in early if you are mail in. Most states aren’t set up to handle the level of volume not mail in ballots that will occurs this election.
PA typically doesn't have mail in voting but they did during the primaries. Apprently there were some minor hiccups in some counties but nothing major. I voted by mail for the first time and didn't feel any less patriotic. Long lines give me anxiety. I would gladly vote by mail in the general election if offered and not think twice about it.

PA typically doesn't have mail in voting but they did during the primaries. Apprently there were some minor hiccups in some counties but nothing major. I voted by mail for the first time and didn't feel any less patriotic. Long lines give me anxiety. I would gladly vote by mail in the general election if offered and not think twice about it.

I can't speak to "mail-in" voting but PA has had absentee voting for a long time. I used it in college in the 90's.

Yeah I don’t think it’s a good look to dunk on a dead man and his beliefs with covid. But hey , to each their own

If he hadn't spent his last days trying to dunk on people who mitigate the danger of a public health crisis, I'd agree. Sow the wind...
K? Still disgusting to make jokes of all dead guy who seemed to be a decent human.

idk. 2020 so the thoughts can run wild with everyone it seems.

Ok. Be an ass.
If I can counter every example of him supposedly being a good guy with an example of sexual impropriety, xenophobia, homophobia, desire to deny healthcare to people despite being a cancer survivor himself, efforts to encourage people to get sick during a pandemic, and so on, how long would we have to go before we stopped trying to be a moral scold about him?

Back