Political Discussion

Yikes. This is scary.

This family on a camping trip was accused of being Antifa by right wing extremist with semi automatic weapons. They were followed and cornered.
From the article:
"We have full confidence in our law enforcement community to investigate this matter.”

What a joke! I would be surprised if the people involved weren’t the local law enforcement. They were felling trees to block them in; there were some big plans for evil doing underway and they had every expectation of getting away with it.

And all the far right wackos are now starting to target liberals assuming that they are antifa. There have been a bunch of recent incidents over the last day or two. Not just that family trying to camp in the bus I linked earlier today.

Georgia's primary was yesterday.

Watching the news this morning people were waiting in lines well past midnight last night trying to vote.

First, I'm very impressed they didn't close the polls at the designated time. Wonder if we will see Republicans say those votes were illegal if they didn't go their way. Also all kinds of errors with new voting machines. It did not go well at all. It was a complete disaster.

Watching the news this morning people were waiting in lines well past midnight last night trying to vote.

First, I'm very impressed they didn't close the polls at the designated time. Wonder if we will see Republicans say those votes were illegal if they didn't go their way. Also all kinds of errors with new voting machines. It did not go well at all. It was a complete disaster.

Bodes well for the November election then...

Just heard a statistic on the Today Show that is disturbing.

One third of all women incarcerated in the world are in the United States. The vast majority of them are incarcerated for non violet crimes, such as drug procession.

This came up on a story about defunding the police. The general message is we should be focused on treatment and services with our funding, not policing. These people need help. Locking them away is not the answer and does not help them.

First, I'm very impressed they didn't close the polls at the designated time.
if the poll closes while you are in line and you are a registered voter- you have the right. stay in line. cast your ballot.

long lines and late hours look like voter suppression in some states, like Georgia. stay in the line.

Last edited:
if the poll closes while you are in line and you are a registered voter- you have the right. stay in line. cast your ballot.

long lines and late hours look like voter suppression in some states, like Georgia. stay in the line.

Hearing more and more that makes me think this was voter suppression.

A lot of the issues they were having is polling staff not trained on the new voting machines. As many as half the voting machines were not working in some polling stations. And get this, there were ballot shortages. Several polling stations did not have enough ballots for voters to cast their votes.

The most impacted polling stations were in urban areas, particularly areas with a higher African American population.

The mayor of Atlanta is demanding answers. Was it just her polling districts, especially the neighbor hoods with higher African American populations. Or did other districts in other parts of the state have the same issues.

I don't know the whole story or Georgia's state rules but most places as long as you're in line when the poll closes you're allowed to vote.

Republicans will still get on their high horse about mail in ballot fraud and how if people can gather to protest they can stand in line for hours to vote.

I don't know the whole story or Georgia's state rules but most places as long as you're in line when the poll closes you're allowed to vote.

Republicans will still get on their high horse about mail in ballot fraud and how if people can gather to protest they can stand in line for hours to vote.

God forbid they vote by mail and use the saved time to go protest.

Yeah, everyone who was in line at cutoff was allowed to remain in line and vote. It's absolutely ridiculous that some of those lines were still going at 2 and 3 am when polls closed at 7pm.

I bet republicans don't see those kind of lines in their neighborhoods. Lines that long are voter deterrence.

Also, how in the world did several polling stations not end up with enough ballots for voters in line to be able to vote. That one is mind boggoling.

Back