Political Discussion

Hi y’all. I’m just popping my head in here and breaking my embargo to share something I saw that made me think of a lot of y’all right now.
84F53A8D-5134-478F-BEAC-A51AC7B47667.jpeg

*Edited to add* Please don’t take this as me laughing at y’all. It isn’t meant in a derogatory manner, just a humorous recognition of the position y’all find yourselves in.

Last edited:
Hi y’all. I’m just popping my head in here and breaking my embargo to share something I saw that made me think of a lot of y’all right now.
View attachment 41287

*Edited to add* Please don’t take this as me laughing at y’all. It isn’t meant in a derogatory manner, just a humorous recognition of the position y’all find yourselves in.

Fitting after Easter. He has risen!
Seriously through it has made me think about who to trust and where to put my faith.

Also we (I) can tolerate the occasional hyperbole that you bring along the more informed conservative aspect of your ideology. It’s good to have less conformity around here.

Trump is apparently testing the limits of power with the stimulus checks.

The physical checks will be signed with President Trump's signature.

This is unprecedented because are specifically not allowed to sign government checks.

Trump is apparently testing the limits of power with the stimulus checks.

The physical checks will be signed with President Trump's signature.

This is unprecedented because are specifically not allowed to sign government checks.
His signature will appear on the checks but will not be in the signature authorization field specifically for this reason. Still dumb.

Fitting after Easter. He has risen!
Seriously through it has made me think about who to trust and where to put my faith.

Also we (I) can tolerate the occasional hyperbole that you bring along the more informed conservative aspect of your ideology. It’s good to have less conformity around here.

While I appreciate the sentiment, my absence in this thread has little to do with y’all’s reactions to my views, and everything to do with my reactions to y’all.

I could very likely have these conversations with any of y’all individually, in person, and we would be able to have a reasonable, friendly, though likely spirited discussion. (Just ask @Teeeee.)

An online group setting such as message boards or social media apps makes that type of interaction nearly impossible by its very nature. I believe the lack of the nonverbal communication humans require is a large part of that. I also believe that if you look at what’s happened to politics in the age of the internet and social media, you will find all the evidence you need to see the validity of my position.

The internet is great for bringing folks together to talk about inconsequential things and giving folks a window into the the lives of others around the world. The big issues and politics still need to be discussed in person.

Strip clubs were excluded from the Republican Stimulus bill due to the type of business they run and conservative values.

Strip clubs are not eligible for the small business loans to stay in business / keep employees on the payroll.

While I appreciate the sentiment, my absence in this thread has little to do with y’all’s reactions to my views, and everything to do with my reactions to y’all.

I could very likely have these conversations with any of y’all individually, in person, and we would be able to have a reasonable, friendly, though likely spirited discussion. (Just ask @Teeeee.)

An online group setting such as message boards or social media apps makes that type of interaction nearly impossible by its very nature. I believe the lack of the nonverbal communication humans require is a large part of that. I also believe that if you look at what’s happened to politics in the age of the internet and social media, you will find all the evidence you need to see the validity of my position.

The internet is great for bringing folks together to talk about inconsequential things and giving folks a window into the the lives of others around the world. The big issues and politics still need to be discussed in person.
I mostly agree. As a place for people of like mind to commiserate or quibble about how to get our own house in order, I find this type of discussion useful. As a place for debate with the 'other side,' it's a recipe for frustration & anger (I mean, sometimes it's also that even for the people you largely agree with).

Strip clubs were excluded from the Republican Stimulus bill due to the type of business they run and conservative values.

Strip clubs are not eligible for the small business loans to stay in business / keep employees on the payroll.
Guessing a lot of clubs are going to have to pivot to an "everything but the mask" model.

Back