Political Discussion

So would most people, but it's a little late for that if you're practically minded. If you're not, can you get me one too?

Oh yeah I know it’s an inevitability at this stage it’s more screaming into the void. I still don’t know why young progressives both sides of the Atlantic are so hung up on failed old white men peddling 80s leftist views. There are so many inspiring young politicians with fresh ideas that are much more deserving of their support.

I still don’t know why young progressives both sides of the Atlantic are so hung up on failed old white men peddling 80s leftist views.
I promise you that's not the case here in the US. The young progressives here clearly want Bernie, who might be a septugenarian but is about as progressive as you can imagine being elected over here. And we've never had a Jewish president before, curiously, so it would be something new. The problem is, you people just don't vote. No idea what to do about it.

I promise you that's not the case here in the US. The young progressives here clearly want Bernie, who might be a septugenarian but is about as progressive as you can imagine being elected over here. And we've never had a Jewish president before, curiously, so it would be something new. The problem is, you people just don't vote. No idea what to do about it.

Typo I'm sure but I couldn't resist.

I’ll take your word for it. The parallels to Corbyn, who I absolutely despise, seems staggering, but whilst I see your debate I’m too far from your reality to be able to talk authoritatively. I know that historically you need someone a bit younger and with a willingness to compromise to sweep up both the youth vote and be more widely electable.

Typo I'm sure but I couldn't resist.
OOPS "Young People."

I’ll take your word for it. The parallels to Corbyn, who I absolutely despise, seems staggering, but whilst I see your debate I’m too far from your reality to be able to talk authoritatively. I know that historically you need someone a bit younger and with a willingness to compromise to sweep up both the youth vote and be more widely electable.
NOPE Bernie is losing because he only has the youth vote. And there's famous photos of him in civil rights marches going back to his universtiy days, so decidedly not comprable to an islamophobe.

OOPS "Young People."

NOPE Bernie is losing because he only has the youth vote. And there's famous photos of him in civil rights marches going back to his universtiy days, so decidedly not comprable to an islamophobe.

Islamapbobe? He showed shockingly poor leadership on the question of anti-semitism bit I never had Corbyn, for all his faults, down as a racist of any description.

Islamapbobe? He showed shockingly poor leadership on the question of anti-semitism bit I never had Corbyn, for all his faults, down as a racist of any description.
Wow that's a big screw up on my part then. Glad I'm not in the UK, could be had for slander! Honestly no idea what I was thinking, maybe you did mention something about anti-semitism a few months {jeeze it was only a few months?} ago...

Wow that's a big screw up on my part then. Glad I'm not in the UK, could be had for slander! Honestly no idea what I was thinking, maybe you did mention something about anti-semitism a few months {jeeze it was only a few months?} ago...

That’s ok! He’s got so many faults and hypocrisies but he’s always been staunchly anti-racist! I’d actually defend him against personal attacks in relation to anti-Semitism. What isn’t in question is that there is rampant anti-Semitism in the far left of the Labour Party, that they support him and that he did nothing to jeopardise that support when outright condemnation was the order of the day.

That’s ok! He’s got so many faults and hypocrisies but he’s always been staunchly anti-racist! I’d actually defend him against personal attacks in relation to anti-Semitism. What isn’t in question is that there is rampant anti-Semitism in the far left of the Labour Party, that they support him and that he did nothing to jeopardise that support when outright condemnation was the order of the day.
AaAaAaAhHhHh I see what you were talking about then. If anything a lot of people would argue Bernie doesn't have the supoort because he does attack the Democrat's hypocripsies, doesn't play ball as it were. Worth remembering he's an independant running on the Democratic ticket for the platform/ability to participate in debates. And I think he realizes that if he ran independent it would be his fault is a split vote results in Trump's re-election.

Quietly yearns to start an American branch of The Monster Raving Loony Party.

Thank god. I can not believe that with what is going on worldwide, these monsters were going to go through with this.

There is a serious lack of empathy going on in that administration.

This is 5% about coronavirus And 95% “Republicans are bad, mmmkay“. So is there any chance you could put that shit in the politics thread where it fucking belongs?

That post was from a Political Historian. And the parts you listed as "Republicans are bad, mmmkay" is the history of of how we got to where we are where we don't have the social safety nets in place and why coronavirus is testing our system. I think it's okay in here because it's just historical facts. It's not intended to be political buch touches on politics by giving us a history of how we got to where we are today.

Back