Pokémon Go

This might be a weird question, but does anyone here do gym battles or raids in earnest? I used to work right by the waterfront, and could occasionally join a really big, organized raid group nearby, but for the most part I don't have much luck (I do have a Lugia now though, so I've got that going for me). And I haven't tried challenging a plain ol' gym in ages.

I generally only do raids and gym battles during community / event days.

Salem is a very hot spot for Pokemon Go. Many people travel to Salem on community / event days because there are so many stops and gyms. Generally it's as easy as walking to the first gym when there is a raid event or on community days, a level 5 raid to find a large raiding party.

Our raid parties are always 2 groups of twenty. It it's not uncommon to end up at the same gym as an other large raid party. It's not unheard of to get 2 private lobbies full of blue, and 1 for red and 1 for yellow plus a public lobby at the same time.

EX raids, I have seen 200+ people show up to.

That being said, I know to avoid "The House of Seven Gables" gym whenever with a large group of people. There is a cranky old man who lives across the street who comes out whenever there is a large crowd that tells us to move along and calls the cops right away if we don't.

The House of Seven Gables is a famous house / a museum open for tours. It exist on a short dead end street on the water front. The guy who chases off all the pokemon players lives on the other side of the street across from The House of Seven Gables :rolleyes:

The few times he has chased us off / was on the phone with the police while we did a raid were were all on the side walk on the opposite side of the street as him.

I rarely bother with battling gyms. Generally I just place pokemon in gyms with open space on my walk from the train station to work every day.

Has anyone had any luck connecting their Pokemon Go to their Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee? Mine REFUSES to connect and all of the tips and tricks online have not helped.

the thing i kind of don’t like about shinies in pogo is that almost all of the ones i’ve caught have horrible CP/IVs so they’re not even worth keeping. the only good ones i’ve gotten have either come from raids and/or community days.

the thing i kind of don’t like about shinies in pogo is that almost all of the ones i’ve caught have horrible CP/IVs so they’re not even worth keeping. the only good ones i’ve gotten have either come from raids and/or community days.
Yeah, most of my shinies are useless. I don't know why I keep them--they're all recorded in my pokedex.

just a heads up, friends!! i’m back home in south florida in my parents’ house! playing pogo here sucks as opposed to my place in gville, so i don’t really play it while i’m here, sooo expect a delay in me receiving gifts and/or sending them back

Back