Pokémon Go

Honestly feel a little betrayed that I never knew you played Pokémon go
sorry I was a little... slow... letting you know
giphy.gif

I might have to get back into this. I have an account somewhere, had a username I liked fine, then accidentally used me one free name change and changed it to "digital fashion," misremembering Don't Hug Me I'm Scared's "Computer" episode (the quote is Digital Style!), so that was one mark against the game. I think I just fell off the initial wagon, since it didn't seem like there was much to do with the pokemons once you had 'em.

A year or two ago, they did a big update (I already forget which one it was, I think it may have been the legendary battles or something), and I re-downloaded the game. It was pretty fun, but I didn't really get much out of the community, and sorta fell back into boredom. I think what really sealed it was I was lunching on the waterfront, where there's a gym, and a legendary battle came up. As sometimes happens, there was an obvious meetup group gathered like 100 yards from me. So I wandered over, asked "hey is this for pokemon go?", one person glanced at me, sneered and nodded, and they all proceeded to aggressively ignore me. So I decided I didn't want to be in their stupid club for jerks, and not long after deleted the app once more.

Have we learned what "Pokemon Home" is yet? That was part of their announcement as well. Launching in 2020

I am loving this Snorlax event. Copped a few while I was in Cleveland last night. Unfortunately not showing up around my house though.

Have we learned what "Pokemon Home" is yet? That was part of their announcement as well. Launching in 2020

From what I gathered it just like a newer version of Pokemon Bank for the newer games coming out. Transitioning away from DS focus. But I could be wrong.

What is the best way to contact Niantic Support?

Due to Googles Cloud Server outage yesterday, EX Raids yesterday afternoon and evening were inaccessible. The app would lock up instantly when you tapped on the gym during the EX raid. Of the group of 100+ that showed up for the raid. Most could not get in. And those who somehow were able to get in without locking up found them selves in an empty lobby unable to take down Deoxyx. We all stayed the full hour and kept trying to get in, in the end, 95% of the people were never able to lobby. Rebooting our phones, signing out of google and signing back in did not work.

After the EX Raid ended everyone said they were going to complain to Niantic. In situations like this they give bonus items such as 20 Charged TMs.

I went online, found support and contact us. And I picked "Report an issue with a gym or pokestop". I explained what happened in my support email.

However, I got a canned response today that just instructed me through the steps on how to request a stop/gym to be removed from the game.

Not what I asked for. Did they even read my message?

I think Pokemon Home will basically be Pokemon Bank 2.0. To what extent, I'm not sure, but I'm guessing it will allow transfer between all current pokemon games. How that works with GO, who knows.

Last edited:
There's already a thread, we aren't as active on it, but I do try to send out gifts and such daily.

Back