Phono Cartridges - Your favorites and least favorites?

Cool. I want more bass, but wondering if I need to take the sub route or just boost it via EQ. The Loki is cheap and easy enough to return, I should just try that first, just to see.
I mean, a sub is great and will dig deeper than most speakers are capable, but there's always the hassle of getting it to integrate smoothly, etc. I bought the Loki to help counteract some room modes since the layout of my room is pretty inflexible, and it's been great for that.

Cool. I want more bass, but wondering if I need to take the sub route or just boost it via EQ. The Loki is cheap and easy enough to return, I should just try that first, just to see.
I have a Loki between the output of my DAC and the input on my amp. I really like it. I’d did just what that side of the system needed. Low bass set at 3 o’clock, mid bass at 1 o’clock midrange and treble flat. Used 99.9% of the time for cable TV/Netflix.

Oh the American game where tactics trump any kind of enjoyment. I getcha now. That said if someone sent me a cartridge for free with a Liver bird on it the thing would be launched straight out the window, no mater how good it’s reputation.
The Green Bay Packers are the rival of the Chicago Bears. Thus, all Chicagoans are required to hate the Packers. @AnthonyI hails from Chicagoland. It's a bit of a pickle.

Oh the American game where tactics trump any kind of enjoyment. I getcha now. That said if someone sent me a cartridge for free with a Liver bird on it the thing would be launched straight out the window, no mater how good it’s reputation.
Ah, I bet if the right cart showed up you would swallow your pride ;)
What have we here???
Goldring E3

Ah, I bet if the right cart showed up you would swallow your pride ;)

Goldring E3

No chance. Such football based fundamentalism has lead to my fantasy football team plummeting as their fortunes increase due to an absolute boycott on all things Liverpool Football Club. Totally worth it.

No chance. Such football based fundamentalism has lead to my fantasy football team plummeting as their fortunes increase due to an absolute boycott on all things Liverpool Football Club. Totally worth it.
So easy to say without the temptation sitting in front of you, I loath the Packers, but I can put that aside, I guess I don't bleed Blue and Orange as you bleed [Insert your team colors here].

So easy to say without the temptation sitting in front of you, I loath the Packers, but I can put that aside, I guess I don't bleed Blue and Orange as you bleed [Insert your team colors here].

I’m a certified lunatic. If I was still living in Manchester with my current job I’d be following my team across Europe and would own a lot less records 😂

I’m no hooligan, I’m not fighter by any means! I just like football...

...a lot.

Also that video is the equivalent of me portraying a fine Chicago resident such as yourself as having some kind of comedy southern accent.

Back