Party up moodge, it’s the June 2023 Vinyl Challenge!!

Day 1
Arnold Corns - This “band” was created by David to try out some early Ziggy material in 1971 with designer Freddie Burretti as “vocalist” (David is actually singing), going so far as to release a single of Moonage Daydream b/w Lady Stardust.
Play something fake

Motley Crue - Too Fast for Love

Nikki Sixx thought he was a fake bass player and that the band had replaced his shit playing on their first four albums with out telling him.

Since 4 of these are by boom boom, I finally broke and grabbed this with the SOV sale. They do sound insanely good. I've never been much of a fan, but I'm having fun blasting this.

IMG20230602144140.jpg

Last edited:
Day 2
David only had 2 #1 songs in the US (5 in the UK), Fame and Let’s Dance.
Play a “hit”

Sonic Youth – Hits Are For Squares
View attachment 174265

...another one of my buddy's sweet bargain bin scores - I saw it with his "new in" pile and mentioned I've been meaning to dig deeper into Sonic Youth to which he immediately said I should borrow this - their "hits" curated by friends and fans, plus one new song.

While I generally prefer to explore artists by album this is pretty cool and timed out perfectly for today!
(Based on the first disc, I feel like Dirty may be my next stop)
Not a bad place to start Goo/Dirty/Washing Machine was the beginning for me.

Day 3
Bowie or Jones - David never changed his last name, David Bowie was strictly a stage name.
Play something by a person who goes by a stage name or pseudonym

Felt - Forever Breathes The Lonely Word

IMG_5881.jpeg

Really great band that was led by a guy who just went by Lawrence, who was also in Denim

Day 2
David only had 2 #1 songs in the US (5 in the UK), Fame and Let’s Dance.
Play a “hit”

Hits and hits.

And it hits. The nostalgia I have for these songs is indescribable...and today it sounds so great on this sun drenched hot summer day. 90 again. We walked to lunch and are now beating the heat in the AC.

IMG_4213.JPG

Back