Party up moodge, it’s the June 2023 Vinyl Challenge!!

Day 21
Nicholas Roeg directed David in his first movie, The Man Who Fell To Earth, in 1975, but did not want David to record the soundtrack.
Play a soundtrack or a song featured in a movie

Various – Performance (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
View attachment 175706
Always thought Dramarama did a fine cover of Memo From Turner...

Day 21 - Soundtrack

D3B4EC18-A266-4AFB-92AC-2514CC25F852.jpeg

The Best of Bond… James Bond

A compilation of all Bond themes from the 25 movie franchise!

Fun David Bowie fact! The villain of “A View to a Kill” was written for David Bowie, but he read the script and thought it was awful so he turned it down. They then got Christopher Walken to do it and I still see some of that Bowie Esq performance in Walken

Day 20
June 20 1969, David records the song Space Oddity. It only reached #5 in the UK charts in 1969, but went to #1 in the UK when re-released in 1975.
Play a song or album that got a “2nd life”

I don't think this ever got pressed, so I'm spinning the CD.

Dynamite Hack - Super fast
View attachment 175795

LOL, This song. I listened to this A LOT back in the day. Also The Gourds cover of “Gin & Juice” (that was very mislabeled frequently on Napster). These made there way on to many mixed CDs.

I'm jealous because I'd rather be spinning @Turbo's pick, but this one is excellent too.

Day 21
Nicholas Roeg directed David in his first movie, The Man Who Fell To Earth, in 1975, but did not want David to record the soundtrack.
Play a soundtrack or a song featured in a movie

Chat Pile - Tenkiller Motion Picture Soundtrack
IMG20230622132700.jpg

Day 22
Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Long-haired Men - founded by David in 1964 as a joke to get some publicity.
Play something long or hairy or both

This album cover certainly highlights not only how long Jerry & Mickeys hair and Brents beard was at the time, but also celebrates Bob, Billy, and Phils (slightly less) hairy chests.

Grateful Dead ~ Go To Heaven

1687463312835.png

Sorry about that. Just did a search in my collection for "hairy" and this popped up. I haven't played it in at least a year. I was trying to pick less obvious records to play for this month.
Yeah, that’s what I did too! It’s no problem, just surprised to see it was on someone else’s radar! Such a great record, I’m still gonna play it

Back