Party up moodge, it’s the June 2023 Vinyl Challenge!!

Day 28
There is no X related Bowie fact, so FREE PLAY!!
1000004499.jpg
Impalaville 79 Minutes of Rollin' Classics Selected & Mixed to Taste by Jonny Paycheck - heading out for a drive! This is one of my all time favorite mix CDs and has been a summertime must listen since the first time I heard it!

Day 29
You’ve Got a Habit of Leaving - Recorded first in 1965 and then re-recorded in 2000.
Play a song about leaving or coming back
1000004509.jpg
Shirley Nanette "Never Coming Back" - I think this is pretty clearly about leaving! This is a sweet soul record that's going really nice alongside my second cup of coffee on a rainy Sunday!

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!!!

Day 30
Ziggy Stardust “retired” on July 3rd 1973 (damn so close to June 30), famously captured by documentarian D.A. Pennebaker.
Play an artist who is somehow connected to a documentary. Or play something that seemed like the end but wasn’t.
1000004511.jpg
Style Wars - why not add yet another format to the mix! I probably had a copy on VHS before this but that's long gone! This documentary is so damn good!

Thanks to @jamieanderson1968 for choosing the longest month of the year and running such a fun thread! I actually finished!!

Bonus, I had one more format up my sleeve:
1000002434.jpg

Day 28
There is no X related Bowie fact, so FREE PLAY!

Jamie xx - In Colour

View attachment 176677

Whoops, moved on to the next month and forgot I didn’t finish this one. Bear with me for a second…
I think @gafacaode would give you bonus points if you could get Days 29 and 30 to line up with his Days 2 and 3 prompts

Day 30
Play an artist who is somehow connected to a documentary. Or play something that seemed like the end but wasn’t.

Bruce Springsteen - Born In The USA

IMG_5973.jpeg

Loads of documentaries that this guy has been involved in, more recently Letter To You which documented the making of the 2020 album. “Glory Days” is about baseball, which applies to Day #3 for July.

Thanks @jamieanderson1968 for a great month!!

Day 16
June 16, 1962 - David Jones’ first live performance, playing saxophone with the Konrads
Play a “first”
View attachment 176050
Rony "O" and Starlight "Break Down ! " - It's Canada's FIRST Rap Record AND it's RON NELSON...and when I bought it the seller added AND it's TERRIBLE!! He was not wrong! An absolute legend in Canada for introducing people to rap music he was a radio show host not a rapper! Doing his best over the instrumental of Kurtis Blows' "The Breaks" this is something to behold! I can't describe Ron Nelson and what he did for Canadian rap music better than wikipedia so here you go:
Hi, would you willing to sell or trade? Thanks.

Back