Online Vinyl Deals

Unfortunately, it's not the Tone Poet. It's the Blue Note 75 variant.
Thanks, very much for pointing that out. I almost placed an order for that and a couple others (the George Russell AS and Sonny Rollins AS Series that have popped up in these sales before). I may just sit the sale out now.

For people who don't have that Gerald Wilson, Dexter Gordon, or Jackie McLean--they are all Tone Poets, and I'd recommend any of the threee but especially the Gordon and Wilson.

Thanks, very much for pointing that out. I almost placed an order for that and a couple others (the George Russell AS and Sonny Rollins AS Series that have popped up in these sales before). I may just sit the sale out now.

For people who don't have that Gerald Wilson, Dexter Gordon, or Jackie McLean--they are all Tone Poets, and I'd recommend any of the three but especially the Gordon and Wilson.
Grabbed Jackie McLean and Dexter Gordon. I have the Wilson and concur, it's a fun one.
Screenshot 2024-04-22 at 15-12-39 Purchase Tippin' The Scales (Blue Note Tone Poet Series) LP ...png

Unfortunately, it's not the Tone Poet. It's the Blue Note 75 variant.
Well shoot. I ordered it thinking it was the Tone Poet along with Clubhouse. I'll keep Clubhouse but I emailed them to cancel Donald Byrd.

Edit: Got a response from their CS saying they cannot cancel the order because it has "reached the warehouse and is ready to ship." That doesn't make sense to me.

Last edited:
Back