Online Vinyl Deals

I went 6/11 on my Oldies order. Biggest ones I'm bummed to miss on are the Beth Orton, Lee Konitz and Impressions of Pepper. No indication of a refund or store credit on the receipt. Very minimal corner dings, so I consider that a win with what I ended up getting.
I went 5.5/8 on my second Oldies order (no Jenny Hval or Coltrane, and they sent me the Jeff Tweedy single LP instead of the 2xLP version that I ordered). I emailed their CS and asked what could be done about the Tweedy mistake, and the response was basically “this is a blowout sale, you get what you get, if you want a return label then you have to call for one.”

I went 5.5/8 on my second Oldies order (no Jenny Hval or Coltrane, and they sent me the Jeff Tweedy single LP instead of the 2xLP version that I ordered). I emailed their CS and asked what could be done about the Tweedy mistake, and the response was basically “this is a blowout sale, you get what you get, if you want a return label then you have to call for one.”
Smh

I hope they made enough money to make it worth burning the goodwill they had with some of us with before this sale farce. I'll never use them again.

I hope they made enough money to make it worth burning the goodwill they had with some of us with before this sale farce. I'll never use them again.
Can’t see how they possibly made much money on a buncha $5 LPs. Didn’t use them before and won’t use them again unless they have another blowout. I was fine with what I got for what I paid but went in with really low expectations

Where do you guys find the time to listen to all of this? Do any of you work/have jobs or families? Only saying this out of jealousy.
Excellent question. My job(s) is a little unorthodox in its hours. I typically have one morning a week to myself to spin on my living room hifi, and often can grab an LP or two's worth some of the other weekday mornings on my office system. Once the afternoon hits, I'm often tied up, but do have the unique situation where my home gym and office share the same space, so sometimes I'll spin a record while I get a workout in! Can't do that at the gym!

Can’t see how they possibly made much money on a buncha $5 LPs. Didn’t use them before and won’t use them again unless they have another blowout. I was fine with what I got for what I paid but went in with really low expectations
Same here. I can be very patient for $5 records and if I don't get them, no big deal. Even though my first box was beat to hell and everything was in rough shape (more than just dings) and none of them were $5 records, I still landed several things I wanted but would never buy at full price. They spin and sound fine so I'm happy enough.

I do think their CS attitude is shitty given what some have shared here, and if that's how they are with full price stuff I'd stay away. With blowout stuff I can deal.

Not vinyl, but some related things on clearance at Hudson Hifi through tonight.

Not vinyl, but some related things on clearance at Hudson Hifi through tonight.

use code: CLEARANCE50

am kinda tempted by those storage rack things...

use code: CLEARANCE50

am kinda tempted by those storage rack things...
That caught my eye too, but then I’m left wondering about the effectiveness of it. If the spines are all facing downward, wouldn’t that make it difficult to identify the record? And you can’t flip them the other way because then the records fall out (if no sleeves)

Back