Online Vinyl Deals

Got my Oldies package today. No other communication other than automated shipping notices.
They shorted me half the order and the packing slip says I have a credit with them. Luckily, I used PayPal and already opened a claim.

I've had no issues with this site previously, but fuck this. Not dealing with them again.
Received mine last night with 8 out of the 11 titles I ordered (no Steve Gunn either! 😪). It says on the receipt that unfulfilled items are backordered for 30 days. I just called and spoke with someone who confirmed that it's 30 days from shipment, after that the original payment would be refunded, but they would be happy to issue a refund for the unshipped items now if I'd prefer. Told them I'd wait it out.

Just checked and PayPal now offers 180 days to file a dispute/refund request, so I'll follow up with Oldies after the holidays if I don't receive the remaining records or a refund for them by then.

Yeah, credit instead of a refund is pretty shady
Coupled with the fact they refused to cancel orders that hadn't shipped, I don't see myself dealing with them again either.
Can't remember if I did PayPal with them or not. Might have to have a look.
I still don't even know what's going on with my packages - but I think that's a Canada Post thing at this point, not an Oldies thing.
from what i have seen from them, they have shipped the records they are able to get and the others are on backorder for 30 more days before they refund. i believe you can just call them and cancel the backorder and get a refund if you don't wanna wait.

Oldies.com order just delivered. A lot got credited back. No email about it but new receipt with those zeroed out. So if you havent gotten Black Orpheus yet, I don't think you will. I was missing that, Margo Price, Punch Brothers, Hayes Carll, North MS All Stars and Okkervill River. So basically got the stuff I added to get to free shipping, ha. Oh well. $30 for 5 records still good, even if just for the PIF thread later.

Oldies.com order just delivered. A lot got credited back. No email about it but new receipt with those zeroed out. So if you havent gotten Black Orpheus yet, I don't think you will. I was missing that, Margo Price, Punch Brothers, Hayes Carll, North MS All Stars and Okkervill River. So basically got the stuff I added to get to free shipping, ha. Oh well. $30 for 5 records still good, even if just for the PIF thread later.
i got black orpheus luckily, but missed 2 or 3 records from my order and they still gave me free shipping even though the total of what i actually got was about $50.

Day 4 with no sign of mail delivery to anybody in my building.
I officially have a service ticket in with Canada Post but who knows when, if at all, I'll hear back!

I've seen Postal trucks and carriers in neighbouring areas all week, so it's particularly disconcerting that we're not getting anything and have received no notice of such.

Back