Online Vinyl Deals

Plaidroom pre-emptively emailed, said they got thousands of orders and to expect ship times to be delayed. They emailed me back the same day when I asked if they could combine some of my orders.

I’ve heard nothing from Crateism and didn’t get a response to my email last week asking if they knew when things would be shipped. Crateism has also screwed some people over in the past so the two situations are a bit different. All Crateism had to do was email and say “thanks for the support. The response was overwhelming so it’s going to take longer than usual to ship…”

I shouldn’t have to follow them on Instagram to get order updates. And they probably shouldn’t run another sale when they haven’t even shipped stuff from the last sale. But it is what it is. I’m fine as long as I get the stuff I ordered eventually. I can get why some people are a bit frustrated by the experience.
When i posted the initial sale, I tried to mention that this group has some erratic communication, and that their tracking info is slow. It didn't really stop the grumbling about it when they didn't get tracking ID's that weekend especially since SOV (a comically larger org) was shipping immediately.

For what it's worth, here is my email when I just checked on an ETA-
1688495666317.png

And they made an Instagram post saying the same. Now whether one should be a sub to their socials to get info? I don't know, I don't work for them and can't answer why they aren't more pro-active.

I've had a subscription with them for two years, I've always gotten my stuff. Actually my June mystery box has already shipped. But I would say that if you are worried that they are shady, or if you have anxiety about shipping times, maybe it's best to sit the $3 records sale out this time.

No I actually regret ever bringing Crateism up at this site

Nobody would even remember who linked to the sale if you didn't keep bringing it up and then taking it as some personal attack whenever anyone simply posts a question about it.

Anyone who ordered from them did it because it was cheap and figured it was worth rolling the dice. It's a fucking mystery box for chrissakes, that's basically how it goes. Nobody is complaining about it other than you complaining about them. I commented to someone that I wasn't necessarily expecting to get anything amazing, but didn't care because I figured it was worth the deal and you responded to me asking why I was so pessimistic.

Do you own stock in this fiasco or just an emotional investment? What's "rich" is how you make passive aggressive comments in here regularly but are trying to call everyone else out for nothing. I've just ignored it until now because, being as strikingly handsome as I am, you have to become accustomed to that type of misdirected chatter and projection.

I can't allow this to prevent me from enjoying these pancakes.

i'll enjoy my records when they arrive, too

So, Crateism is a total bag of cold shit, huh?

This thread started my experience with their Record Of The Month offer last year, so I'll drop my most recent email from them here. After a couple months of trying to get an answer for why they only shipped 3 titles and stopped emails/shipments in March, I got 2 records in October and then more silence. Then I asked if they could update and just send whatever titles they had available, thinking they'd send some unwanted overstock for the sold out ROTM titles.

Then I get this:

So I guess, buyer beware? And if anyone wants to use that code, I assure you I don't plan on using it.

Just a reminder.

I'm not in the habit of discounting the experiences of others, just because mine was different. I also don't remember ever experiencing anything like this from Plaidroom.

At the same time, I ordered from them knowing this history and didn't care. These mystery boxes were only $6.

When i posted the initial sale, I tried to mention that this group has some erratic communication, and that their tracking info is slow. It didn't really stop the grumbling about it when they didn't get tracking ID's that weekend especially since SOV (a comically larger org) was shipping immediately.

For what it's worth, here is my email when I just checked on an ETA-
View attachment 176841

And they made an Instagram post saying the same. Now whether one should be a sub to their socials to get info? I don't know, I don't work for them and can't answer why they aren't more pro-active.

I've had a subscription with them for two years, I've always gotten my stuff. Actually my June mystery box has already shipped. But I would say that if you are worried that they are shady, or if you have anxiety about shipping times, maybe it's best to sit the $3 records sale out this time.
Fair enough. Maybe they just didn’t get to my email before the holiday weekend. I’m not anxious or upset by it. Figured this would be the case for $3 records. And most people should have expected it too.

Having another big sale before you ship out the last big sale rubs me the wrong way a bit, but again as long as I get them in a somewhat reasonable amount of time it’s fine. It’s just kinda bad business for them. People are clearly wondering about updates since they felt the need to post about it on social media so a general email with an update woulda been nice.

Do you own stock in this fiasco or just an emotional investment? What's "rich" is how you make passive aggressive comments in here regularly but are trying to call everyone else out for nothing. I've just ignored it until now because, being as strikingly handsome as I am, you have to become accustomed to that type of misdirected chatter and projection.

I'm done with it, are you good?

So if you follow them on IG or have emailed their CS, you would know that they have publicly said that the turn time for shipping the mystery boxes is 2-3 weeks because they got over 800 orders the first time and that they are a small outfit that will take some time to pack them all.

Are you serious? The company that sold used dollar bin records to people?

The amount of passive aggressive bitching about Cratesim, while places like Plaid Room get a pass on ship time- both being small companies, is fucking rich.
While I don’t pile on… I’m squarely in the camp of having received only 4 of 12 records from my subscription with them despite multiple outreaches. That is a huge difference from how plaidroom has grown their business. From my limited experience with crateism… they seem to have earned the reputation

While I don’t pile on… I’m squarely in the camp of having received only 4 of 12 records from my subscription with them despite multiple outreaches. That is a huge difference from how plaidroom has grown their business. From my limited experience with crateism… they seem to have earned the reputation
Sadly, my experience as well.

After multiple emails asking them to just catch me up on what I'm owed, I received a tracking # on Thursday for the Wu-Tang record - it was the September 2022 ROTM.

There's been zero movement on the tracking other than "label created". That's what happened to many others from them - created label, I get a shipped email, crickets.

Has anyone ever seen Crateism and Johnny Cash Fan in a room together?

I still think it’s probably worth a shot. Just go in knowing it will take awhile to get what you ordered. And pay with an easy way to dispute in case you don’t get them.

I went ahead and bought one. I'm more interested to see what comes in the box, and if it's something I already own. For $7 I couldn't pass it up, even if it does take awhile to ship.

10% off everything at The In Groove including AP/Mofi/Impex.

@Ghost they have the Belafonte at Carnegie for 10% off and free shipping:
Serious question...how do they prevent all orders shipped out from turning to a vinyl puddle due to the 117 degree heat?

Last edited:
It acts as nature’s Vinyl Flat and everything arrives perfect.

Source: live here
In all seriousness I’ve not had any issues in 8-ish years but if anything hits direct sunlight it’s toast. Since UPS doesn’t have AC in its trucks I wonder if these companies use an overnight service or request that the trucks come equipped with AC? Most of mine come from USPS and while the box is slightly warm upon arrival, the contents are usually unperturbed.

Back