Online Vinyl Deals

I got the other Joni box in the last Target sale and it’s wonderful. They did a nice job on these boxes.

I got the Stones too. Excited for that one
I have the Stones box on order from Amazon.es for 256€, which right now converts to about $263. Is it worth it to cancel the Amazon one and get it from Target? Decisions decisions

I have the Stones box on order from Amazon.es for 256€, which right now converts to about $263. Is it worth it to cancel the Amazon one and get it from Target? Decisions decisions
Same price at target with red card but you pay tax. Target has cancelled some preorders in the past so not sure if you can’t to chance it

These deals are driving me to crazy ideas, like: “are there three other people who would like to split the cost of the Pixies Live at Brixton box set from Deep Discount?” I feel like I only need a single Pixies live album, not four of them. We could draw them randomly, should only be about $25 after shipping for US folks. I’m just spitballing here, but if there’s enough interest…

Never mind, I’m going mad here. I’d probably rue not having this song or that song.

These deals are driving me to crazy ideas, like: “are there three other people who would like to split the cost of the Pixies Live at Brixton box set from Deep Discount?” I feel like I only need a single Pixies live album, not four of them. We could draw them randomly, should only be about $25 after shipping for US folks. I’m just spitballing here, but if there’s enough interest…

Never mind, I’m going mad here. I’d probably rue not having this song or that song.

It's only $60 on Walmart (via Deep Discount)

it seems like a lot of the albums from DD blowout bin are at current time of post cheaper at wm site also free shipping.
GFK - Ironman 2 X LP (MOV pressing) $14.27 w/ free shipping
Seems to be a trend of late that DD sells for less through Walmart than on their own site.

it seems like a lot of the albums from DD blowout bin are at current time of post cheaper at wm site also free shipping.
GFK - Ironman 2 X LP (MOV pressing) $14.27 w/ free shipping
Yoink!

Thanks for lookin’ out!

Hit the Wal*Mart sale over the weekend.

With the mix of in-store and online I snagged:
Simon & Garfunkel Greatest Hits
Alanis Morrisette - Jagged Little Pill
Johnny Cash - At Folsom Prison
Pearl Jam - Rearview Mirror 2
Metallica - Master of Puppets
Stranger Things 4
Van Halen - 1984
Taylor Swift - Red
Chris Stapleton - From a Room
STP - Purple
Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory
My Chemical Romance - Black Parade
Beach House - Once Twice Melody
Beatles - Let It Be
Led Zeppelin II
Led Zeppelin III
Forrest Gump Soundtrack
Lumineers - Lumineers
Michael Jackson - Thriller

Money well spent except for STP - Purple which is one of the worst sounding records I've heard. Some of those haven't arrived yet, but pretty happy with everything else. A lot were albums I'm replacing an old copy of or things I've had my eye on, but never felt like spending full price on.

Not too bad I guess. Cool that the Target sale applies to preorders. I need to look into Red Card whatever that is.

View attachment 158177
It’s a Target debit card that deducts the cost of your order directly from your bank account. They only charge when they ship (for what they ship), and the extra 5% is a nice feature.

Hit the Wal*Mart sale over the weekend.

With the mix of in-store and online I snagged:
Simon & Garfunkel Greatest Hits
Alanis Morrisette - Jagged Little Pill
Johnny Cash - At Folsom Prison
Pearl Jam - Rearview Mirror 2
Metallica - Master of Puppets
Stranger Things 4
Van Halen - 1984
Taylor Swift - Red
Chris Stapleton - From a Room
STP - Purple
Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory
My Chemical Romance - Black Parade
Beach House - Once Twice Melody
Beatles - Let It Be
Led Zeppelin II
Led Zeppelin III
Forrest Gump Soundtrack
Lumineers - Lumineers
Michael Jackson - Thriller

Money well spent except for STP - Purple which is one of the worst sounding records I've heard. Some of those haven't arrived yet, but pretty happy with everything else. A lot were albums I'm replacing an old copy of or things I've had my eye on, but never felt like spending full price on.
Nice haul!

Was your STP pressed in German or Italy?

I almost had someone grab it for me but the reviews have just sucked and now your comment.
Surprised bc it has RL and BG attached to it.
Is it bad pressing SQ or just really bad cut?

I almost had someone grab it for me but the reviews have just sucked and now your comment.
was just about to ask the same thing read from discogs the copies that were pressed in Germany sound really nice while the ones that are pressed in Italy sound horrible i think this can be easily determined by a sticker on the shrink on the back of album.

Last edited:
Nice haul!

Have no idea what "worst sounding records i've ever heard" is all about. I have it and it sounds excellent. Unless OP has just failed to turn it up- it's a long album pressed onto 1xLP which means it's cut at a lower volume as you'd imagine. But when cranked it shines.

Back