Online Vinyl Deals

@TenderLovingKiller® @andyf

Maybe I'm tripping, but I'm kind of pissed to look on Discogs and realize that LITA sent me the repress, while people are flipping the pressing that I ordered and didn't receive for crazy money.

When they announced the repress, I ordered Eastern Flowers on its own and paid for the shipping on both orders, when I could have just canceled and combined them for free shipping together. I specifically didn't do that, or modify my order in any way, even after the Yoshimura delay, because I didn't want to lose it. Maybe I'm splitting hairs, but this isn't always a rational hobby and I'm irritated.
So was the Eastern Flowers you ordered advertised as the Doğu Çiçekleri titled version or was it the one without the Swedish Arts Council credit? IMO the one that might end up worth $$$ would be Doğu Çiçekleri pressings. The price on the copies w/o Swedish credits could come down now that the repress is available.

So was the Eastern Flowers you ordered advertised as the Doğu Çiçekleri titled version or was it the one without the Swedish Arts Council credit? IMO the one that might end up worth $$$ would be Doğu Çiçekleri pressings. The price on the copies w/o Swedish credits could come down now that the repress is available.

That was probably confusing. My Eastern Flowers is supposed to be the repress. I'm talking about Wabi Sabi. I ordered that when they had only 30 copies up. Later, they announced Eastern Flowers, so I ordered that separately, rather than canceling the Wabi Sabi order to reorder them together and get free shipping. That's just proof that I ordered an early copy of Wabi Sabi that morning and not the repress announced later in the day. Someone just sold that original Wabi Sabi for $100 on Discogs, with 2 more listed int he high 80s. Is it stupid? Yeah, it probably is. But a lot of this shit is stupid and they know the difference between selling a repress or not, even if it's only from a month later. It's obviously why different printings are always emphasized in book collecting. They just didn't think it would matter, I guess.

I ordered Method Man - Tical on one of those udiscovermusic "just pay shipping" deals on May 19. Supposed to ship on June 19th. Emailed about no shipping or contact on June 25th and still haven't heard a peep.

Good point - i’ve had much better luck ordering tone poets from them than from the actual blue note site.

Blue Note sent me the wrong Lee Morgan Tone Poet recently and I emailed them about it 2 weeks ago. Someone responded a day or two later and asked me to send pictures of the incorrectly shipped album to prove it before they will send me a shipping label to send it back. I sent the pictures over a week ago. The next day, another person from blue note reaches out with the same message asking me to send pictures. I replied to them that I already sent pictures to someone else, so I think that first person is already working on it. The second person responds last wednesday that they didn’t realize someone else was working on it, and they apologize for the confusion and say they’re going to rush this through for me. Today, I get a response from the first person saying that they’re still processing the label that they’re going to send me so I can eventually return the record and once they’ve verified that the record I sent it was the wrong one, they’ll send the right one.

In case anyone is wondering, on 5/19, the day after I posted here about my blue note order mix-up, they sent me the return mailing label. I re-packed the record in a box with the label and dropped it off at the post office on 5/26. I sent a follow-up e-mail on 6/18, asking if they'd received it (because I hadn't received any kind of notice from them). I received an e-mail response last thursday 6/25, thanking me for reaching out and saying that "a team member will be back in touch with you shortly."

Moral of the story - do not order directly from the blue note site.

Deal for our friends in the UK (and maybe even in the US after shipping):

Factory Records: Communications 1978-92 [VINYL]: £59.99 (original price: £129)

Yep, it drops, but it's still $35 shipping to the US, so this is definitely not a deal if you're living over here. I was just curious anyway. I bought this during the Target sale
It's not an amazing deal, but it's still significantly cheaper than you can get it in Canada. Shipping to Canada was cheaper too (for once!).

It's not an amazing deal, but it's still significantly cheaper than you can get it in Canada. Shipping to Canada was cheaper too (for once!).

Yeah. I don't doubt it's cheaper and it's an especially great deal if you're in the UK. For me, in Seattle, it wouldn't be. Target has it for $102.99 and, for anyone with a red card, it's another 5% off and free shipping

Last edited:
If anybody lives near Summit, NJ, West Elm of all places has some VMP albums at great prices:

The National is also available in Chelsea in NYC.

If anybody lives near Summit, NJ, West Elm of all places has some VMP albums at great prices:

I live 10 min way.
There is a legit, independent record shop right next door.
If you are buying records in Summit, NJ, buy from Scotti’s please.
West Elm doesn’t need your vinyl Money.

I must be blind as I only see standard LPs for not-worth-it prices

Back