Online Vinyl Deals

I received my shipment yesterday, records floating in a big box, one record in a sub box. That record was supposed to be Shoot Out the Lights, but instead was the Ramones debut record. Went through the return process, hoping they’d let me keep it and just send me the correct record, but nope, they want it back.
I didn't do the return process, I sent an email to customer service saying their shitty packaging shouldn't make me have to spend my time returning it. It would be one thing if they came to where they dropped it off for a return, but having to go stand in line to return a $13 item is kinda crazy.

I didn't do the return process, I sent an email to customer service saying their shitty packaging shouldn't make me have to spend my time returning it. It would be one thing if they came to where they dropped it off for a return, but having to go stand in line to return a $13 item is kinda crazy.

I attempted this once when I got a record that had shattered in pieces. They suggested I put it in a cereal box to send it.

I had my first Amazon record packed like this last week. Not sure why they would think that would hold up. Thing was pretty banged up. Talked them into just refunding me without sending it back. Record was filthy and looked pretty scratched, but mostly ok after a clean.
This has been their issue lately with me too. I complained during my last return because while I appreciate the ease of their return policy it’s just been silly. Literally every LP I have ordered from them this year has had to be returned between 1 and 3 times. Sometimes I am probably a bit picky but their is so little care in the shipping process (which has essentially been them shipping in an oversized box with the loose album inside with some pointless bubblewrap) That I feel I should return it just on principle. I don’t know what changed but I hope the get it figured out.

While VMP is releasing a $70 Whitney Houston “box set” for Valentine’s Day, Fat Possum has most of their Al Green records for just $10 today!

Yes - a box makes a difference. This showed up at my door.........from Amazon France. Contained a pretty hefty 8 LP box set. Only had a blunted corner. Who'd a thunk it...

View attachment 32803View attachment 32805
My replacement showed up yesterday........ in a BAG again. The records are slightly less dinged up than before, but I'm sending straight back. Unacceptable way to ship, Amazon.

Back