Online Vinyl Deals

Was just a lot of Ornette pressed at the same time! the BN and the craft box. Craft box has gone down to $40.

The problem with reducing price on everything is that not many feel the need to buy stuff at full price anymore...I've massively slowed down on my TP and BN Classic purchases because most drop to $25 or less and under $20 for the BNCs.
I don’t think I’ve bought a full priced new release in two years. I just can’t bring myself to do it.

Was hoping they restocked that Jackie McLean - Tippin' the Scales Tone Poet. I couldn't bring myself to pay $14 shipping the first day, but that one's actually been on my wantlist. I went back yesterday, and it was gone.

If anybody sees it pop back up, can you post here?
Fairly cheap at BN right now too. They have a good sale on at the moment so if there’s other stuff you wanted might hit the free shipping threshold

Was hoping they restocked that Jackie McLean - Tippin' the Scales Tone Poet. I couldn't bring myself to pay $14 shipping the first day, but that one's actually been on my wantlist. I went back yesterday, and it was gone.

If anybody sees it pop back up, can you post here?
Almost positive I have a copy I played once and would be willing to send you for $14+shipping if you want (unless it pops up again for you!) I’d have to double check later tonight, but don’t think I sold it.

I don’t think I’ve bought a full priced new release in two years. I just can’t bring myself to do it.

I've bought some new but honestly, yeah. Between the price increases from what it was, the backlog of records to listen to, and how quickly a lot of these do go on sale - it needs to be something unique/special/limited to justify a full priced, new release. Especially if it's not for an artist I absolutely love.

I’ve been thinking about this “$0 records, exorbitant shipping” affair. I’m no tax expert, but I think SOV is basically trying to dodge taxes (and minimize losses) by stating that they’re not making any money from selling those records, and instead are only recouping shipping costs. It works for us, I guess, but it feels a bit shady.
It's not a dodge. Generally speaking, revenue is revenue, regardless of whether they call it the record's price or the shipping charge.

Was just a lot of Ornette pressed at the same time! the BN and the craft box. Craft box has gone down to $40.

The problem with reducing price on everything is that not many feel the need to buy stuff at full price anymore...I've massively slowed down on my TP and BN Classic purchases because most drop to $25 or less and under $20 for the BNCs.
Same. I'll pick one up every now and again at release at my (reasonably priced) local to support them and if it's a title I'm really after. Otherwise, I just wait.

And I recently picked up the Craft Ornette box from another North Carolina shop for $43, it is absolutely fantastic. Tomorrow is the Question! is just AMAZING. Energy to the nines. Best Bernie cut of the last couple years, I'd say!

Same. I'll pick one up every now and again at release at my (reasonably priced) local to support them and if it's a title I'm really after. Otherwise, I just wait.

And I recently picked up the Craft Ornette box from another North Carolina shop for $43, it is absolutely fantastic. Tomorrow is the Question! is just AMAZING. Energy to the nines. Best Bernie cut of the last couple years, I'd say!
yea the craft ornette is SO good. i know they broke them out but you can now get the Ornette box for around $40 like you did which seems like a nobrainer. The box is a really cool design and slim too.

I JUST noticed this on my last sale on there, btw. That's some shit. Between them and what Reverb is doing on the musical instrument front, you can't do anything anymore without your middle man or the big IRS man takin their cut
I sort of get it--many sellers were pricing records for very cheap, then adding $20 shipping on it. they would still be lower priced than the next lowest seller when you added the costs up but discogs wasn't getting anything from those $20 shipping costs. Of course these sellers ruined it for everybody. Sad to see all the international sellers having to flee discogs and find somewhere else to sell.

Ok, I went back for the Rollins. $14 was too good to pass up.

While at it I also picked up Coltrane for another $11.

And then spent another $8 on PJ Harvey’s Stories to serve as backup for my OG copy.

Ah crap, it happened again.
What press is that Coltrane? Any idea?

Back