Online Vinyl Deals

Newbury Comics is having a 25% off sale starting at midnight EST tonight. Looking though their exclusives, this one is still available, it’s a great reissue, and as far as I know, the only way to get Big Star’s Third on vinyl outside the box set.

Newbury Comics is having a 25% off sale starting at midnight EST tonight. Looking though their exclusives, this one is still available, it’s a great reissue, and as far as I know, the only way to get Big Star’s Third on vinyl outside the box set.

Holy shit! Monster Rally's Coral is only $9!

Holy shit! Monster Rally's Coral is only $9!

Damn it, missed this one!

Arguably the best Guided by Voices album for $12.75:

Also: from Reddit: looks like in-store the Newbury sale is Buy 2 Get 1 Free on Clearance.

Last edited:

@stpaulbrowns werent you looking for this one? 25% off in cart

Another killer album (and a BoomBoom):

Finding the Newbury Deals may just be a ton of digging. They'll do sale prices you can look by but they'll also just perma-markdown prices on some stuff and not label it sale. For those unfamiliar, Newbury's base pricing is pretty much more expensive than any other indie, so 25% off their basic pricing often is just retail or worse. However if you can find their downpriced items, deals, stock they have that has shot up on re-sale, etc. it can be a good day

For instance, the Black Pumas 7" retailed at 90 or so. The base price of this was reduced to 60, so the 25% brings it to 45. It doesn't list as sale but would functionally be 50% off retail. Similarly with Lana RSDBF 2021 which starts at 30 instead of like the dumb 45 or 50 it was

Some stuff I like for the price

Genius Loves Company 2LP (Grundman in the deadwax, strongly reviewed RSD, discount brings it below Discogs)

https://www.newburycomics.com/colle...rd_sings_the_blues_2lp?variant=41440198983860 (Similarly Discogs reviews look quite strong)

https://www.newburycomics.com/colle...clusive_lp_autographed?variant=41126664241332 (I have seen cheaper copies of the record w/o the insert but auto insert and exclusive for under $12 is nice)

https://www.newburycomics.com/colle...m_lullaby_exclusive_lp?variant=41454608122036 (Just a great album, bias city)

Also kinda fun to search by pricy. The Mars Volta Box Set gets down to current Discogs level, the Clifford Ball Colored Set gets below Discogs, the MoFi Ultradiscs are still too pricy, Fear Innoculum Box to $75, Alan Parsons MoFi to $55ish, Ghibli down to $45 per, Just cost compare everything, even with 25% off Newbury is still higher than others on some stuff with absurd deals on other.

Finding the Newbury Deals may just be a ton of digging. They'll do sale prices you can look by but they'll also just perma-markdown prices on some stuff and not label it sale. For those unfamiliar, Newbury's base pricing is pretty much more expensive than any other indie, so 25% off their basic pricing often is just retail or worse. However if you can find their downpriced items, deals, stock they have that has shot up on re-sale, etc. it can be a good day

For instance, the Black Pumas 7" retailed at 90 or so. The base price of this was reduced to 60, so the 25% brings it to 45. It doesn't list as sale but would functionally be 50% off retail. Similarly with Lana RSDBF 2021 which starts at 30 instead of like the dumb 45 or 50 it was

Some stuff I like for the price

Genius Loves Company 2LP (Grundman in the deadwax, strongly reviewed RSD, discount brings it below Discogs)

Whitey Ford Sings The Blues 2LP (Similarly Discogs reviews look quite strong)

Second Nature Exclusive LP With Autographed Insert (I have seen cheaper copies of the record w/o the insert but auto insert and exclusive for under $12 is nice)

https://www.newburycomics.com/colle...m_lullaby_exclusive_lp?variant=41454608122036 (Just a great album, bias city)

Also kinda fun to search by pricy. The Mars Volta Box Set gets down to current Discogs level, the Clifford Ball Colored Set gets below Discogs, the MoFi Ultradiscs are still too pricy, Fear Innoculum Box to $75, Alan Parsons MoFi to $55ish, Ghibli down to $45 per, Just cost compare everything, even with 25% off Newbury is still higher than others on some stuff with absurd deals on other.
sale stuff is also further discounted which i was surprised about. some stuff i grabbed:

Destroyer - Have We Met exclusive - $10
Alabama Shakes Sound & Color deluxe exclusive was $18
MMJ - Evil Urges exclusive was $15 (probably not an amazing deal, but been meaning to pick it up).

sale stuff is also further discounted which i was surprised about. some stuff i grabbed:

Destroyer - Have We Met exclusive - $10
Alabama Shakes Sound & Color deluxe exclusive was $18
MMJ - Evil Urges exclusive was $15 (probably not an amazing deal, but been meaning to pick it up).

@MikeH for $15 - My Morning Jacket's Very Best Album is a steal.

@stpaulbrowns werent you looking for this one? 25% off in cart
Yup. But @Hemotep helped me out on that one. Thanks though!

Back