Online Vinyl Deals

Only one Beastie album I’m dropping a bill on. CYH ain’t it.
I think Check Your Head is my favorite Beastie Boys album (maybe, depending on the day) that being said the extra two disc here seem a bit superfluous, I have the 2xLP set and it sounds great. Paying $70+ more for those 2 extra discs just doesn’t work for me.

I think Check Your Head is my favorite Beastie Boys album (maybe, depending on the day) that being said the extra two disc here seem a bit superfluous, I have the 2xLP set and it sounds great. Paying $70+ more for those 2 extra discs just doesn’t work for me.
I have the Ill Communication box set I picked up on deal, but really if it isn’t a fancy pants Paul’s, I feel like my BBoys catalog is in good shape.

This isn't the rankings thread, but I go:
CYH
Ill Communication
Hot Sauce
Paul's Boutique
Hello Nasty
Licensed to Ill (but there's a nostalgia factor here b/c I bought it on cassette when it was released and back when Dinosaurs roamed the earth)
To the 5 Boroughs
The Mix-Up

So I'm holding out for an OG on CYH.
I also Agree - I don't know that I need the bonus material.

But TTL does a nice job on all their releases - so it made me pause and think about it.

This isn't the rankings thread, but I go:
CYH
Ill Communication
Hot Sauce
Paul's Boutique
Hello Nasty
Licensed to Ill (but there's a nostalgia factor here b/c I bought it on cassette when it was released and back when Dinosaurs roamed the earth)
To the 5 Boroughs
The Mix-Up

So I'm holding out for an OG on CYH.
I also Agree - I don't know that I need the bonus material.

But TTL does a nice job on all their releases - so it made me pause and think about it.
I would go probably:

Check Your Head
I’ll Communication
Hello Nasty
Paul’s Boutique
License To Ill
To The 5 Burroughs
Hot Sauce Committee
The Mix Up

Seriously though any of this top 5 could probably be my favorite depending on the day.

Also, I don’t think this Deluxe edition is exclusive to TTL. I am pretty sure it’s a reissue of the set that was released a few years back.

@TenderLovingKiller® is this the press you have: Beastie Boys: Check Your Head Vinyl 2LP

Maybe I'll pick this up until I can find an OG if it is.
Probably a repress using the same plates.
My copy was from 2009 but looking over the notes on Discogs it looks like it was recently repressed. Some are saying the original 2009 is better but if they use the same plates and we’re both pressed at RTI I would imagine it would be tough to discern between the two.

Probably a repress using the same plates.
My copy was from 2009 but looking over the notes on Discogs it looks like it was recently repressed. Some are saying the original 2009 is better but if they use the same plates and we’re both pressed at RTI I would imagine it would be tough to discern between the two.
Oh, yeah, I want paying close attention. Mine is the 2009 too. I just saw the date on there and assumed, I forgot they did do a repress of this version last year I think?

I would go probably:

Check Your Head
I’ll Communication
Hello Nasty
Paul’s Boutique
License To Ill
To The 5 Burroughs
Hot Sauce Committee
The Mix Up

Seriously though any of this top 5 could probably be my favorite depending on the day.

Also, I don’t think this Deluxe edition is exclusive to TTL. I am pretty sure it’s a reissue of the set that was released a few years back.

I might be the only person that has to the 5 bouroughs as #1, followed by check your head and then ill communication. The rest I either haven’t listened to enough or don’t care that much for it

If you don’t already own this (somehow), and you’re interested in adding to your classic rock collection, 16 bucks ain’t bad.

Amazon product ASIN B001N18HP0
Thank you Hatbird! I, in fact, didn't already own this. I'm also kind of happy that it's $17. Reminds me of the early VMP store that said "all records are $17 unless stated otherwise".

Back