Online Vinyl Deals

I am curious to know how well it's selling. His reputation isn't getting better, and there are a bunch of other cheaper anniversary represses, and a lot of copies already sound good. It would be a ridiculous markdown this far out, but the 40,000 number did sound excessive.
40k worldwide for the 2nd best selling album of all time isn't that crazy even with his reputation and the other reissues available. i'd imagine between wholesale purchases and individuals, it'll eventually sell out at MSRP. I'd be surprised if it gets a markdown--not sure I have seen markdowns on any one steps ever. the wholesale cost must be over $45 for places like DD so I'd imagine this price would be them selling it at a loss.

I do think that less people are buying one steps to flip later though. the past few releases have all stagnated in resale value. partially because there are other good quality reissues for cheaper (muddy waters) and partially because they are pressing so many.

So I think they do something differently for things that they have in store. My Florence and the Machine shipped separately and was packed poorly (big box no padding). I'll exchange it but the other two in the order shipped later so maybe differently?

I got two separate albums from Target today.

One just thrown into a very large box with a strip of plastic pods for "protection."

Another in a box just big enough to place the album into the lower corner angled to the opposite upper corner. No plastic pods.

Fortunately, both arrived unscathed.

This is the first time in about a year that I didn't receive an album in a dedicated mailer.

One just thrown into a very large box with a strip of plastic pods for "protection."

Another in a box just big enough to place the album into the lower corner angled to the opposite upper corner. No plastic pods.

This is the first time in about a year that I didn't receive an album in a dedicated mailer.
Gulp...
Have 2 arriving tomorrow from them from that sale.

Both of mine have arrived like that too.

Back