Online Vinyl Deals

i've heard the mofi abbey roads aren't anything special
I think @Joe Mac has one that he likes.

The Beatles MoFis seem to be polarizing. A lot of people complain about smiley EQ too with the early MoFis but I haven't had any issues. I have a copy of the MoFi Sgt Pepper on the way.

I dunno how much of a deal it is, but there's an Abbey Road Mo-Fi over at End of an ear.

That’s actually quite expensive. It was the most widely pressed of the mofi beatles and can be found for less than that if you hunt a bit.

They are but they are very much old school mastering, the bass is nowhere near as prominent as we’d expect on modern masters. They are very clear and detailed with a lovely wide soundstage and they sound like the Beatles I remember from being a child.

I think @Joe Mac has one that he likes.

The Beatles MoFis seem to be polarizing. A lot of people complain about smiley EQ too with the early MoFis but I haven't had any issues. I have a copy of the MoFi Sgt Pepper on the way.

Yep, no smiley EQ here at all!

That’s actually quite expensive. It was the most widely pressed of the mofi beatles and can be found for less than that if you hunt a bit.

They are but they are very much old school mastering, the bass is nowhere near as prominent as we’d expect on modern masters. They are very clear and detailed with a lovely wide soundstage and they sound like the Beatles I remember from being a child.

Yep, no smiley EQ here at all!
re: the price, yes--I regularly see it sell for $40-$50 on ebay. this may be in better shape but i see VG+/VG+ fairly often on discogs.

Agreed and you can find a nice copy at a reasonable price. In my opinion, if you like the Beatles even mildly, this pressing is worth picking up.

re: the price, yes--I regularly see it sell for $40-$50 on ebay. this may be in better shape but i see VG+/VG+ fairly often on discogs.

Yeah I got a VG+/VG+ for €50ish.

Agreed and you can find a nice copy at a reasonable price. In my opinion, if you like the Beatles even mildly, this pressing is worth picking up.
Ugh. I spent $100 on the one I got off eBay, but it’s NM, so hopefully I’m $100 happy with it once it gets to me.

I haven't seen many NM/NM ones if that makes ya feel better! I usually see somewhat iffy VG+s.
Thanks, yeah it does! 😁 I’m super excited to get it, my favorite record ever getting the MoFi treatment. I’m aware of the issues people have with the MoFi Beatles catalogue, but it seems that Abbey Road is the most well regarded.

For anyone thinking about Bob Dylan's mono box, Deep Discount has it for about $148 after a 15% discount (code: HATTER), which is at least $50 better than the lowest Discogs price, and $10 less than Amazon's current price.

Haven't done a ton of price comparisons, but PopMarket/Deep Discount seems to have the Neil Young Archives vol 2 for a better price than most places:

Not as good a deal as the Target sale but...

Back