Online Vinyl Deals

Has anyone ordered from them before? Reading lots of bad things

yes, i placed one large order a year or so ago when they had a large sale. it was a weird experience in that it took a long time to ship out and when it finally did they sent me a note "congratulating" me that they were able to ship every item (everything said in-stock). also the shipping box was just so-so, but whatever.

then they sent me hounding e-mails to review them on several review sites. so i did, and gave them a ho-hum review. to which they responded by calling and e-mailing me about that. finally some tough sounding guy named tony or whatever just left a voicemail stating they were giving me a little refund to make me happy.

so like i said: it was a weird experience, but not too dissimilar to ordering from say deep discount when they stock the blowout bin. at least my oldies encounter includes character and...charm?

Stealing from Reddit, for you risk takers

and

This is a Google doc that takes scraped Amazon Warehouse deals and sorts them by discount. I am unsure how often it updates (he has a website blocked by my work filter that has more details), but I did just get a couple in from this on pretty nice (35-40%) discount a week or so back and they came with minimal damage: one with minor corner bumps and one with a minor scratch.

Usual Amazon Warehouse rules apply: likely you'll grab some damage or an opened item, condition quality listed has little relevance to reality, small chance of a raccoon eating your record sleeve when it arrives, etc. I personally stop around 25% discount or so since the damage risk otherwise really isn't worth it, though I'm sure there's some record OOS everywhere else buried in there I'd like at 5% off. *shrug*

Edit: Just checked the Dealforager link on my phone, definitely more updated but I find it less friendly to look at. Some interesting items I don't normally see on a decent sale elsewhere include single copies of the 4 LP White Album, David Bowie's Blackstar (European), Jack Johnson's En Concert, At least ones I was considering.

Just to give a bit of context. I've gotten three things on off of this. One had a playable disc warp but was pretty clean otherwise, the other two had creased covers but play perfectly. Right now there's a Watch the Thronehere for $60. Damage sounds gnarly but given what WtT sells for there's real bargains in there and it's generally been decent enough.

Last edited:
Sargent House just updated their vinyl bundle deal with new selections, 8 for $100. Filled some notable gaps in my collection (Boris, Dylan Carlson, etc.).

Just to give a bit of context. I've gotten three things on off of this. One had a playable disc warp but was pretty clean otherwise, the other two had creased covers but play perfectly. Right now there's a Watch the Thronehere for $60. Damage sounds gnarly but given what WtT sells for there's real bargains in there and it's generally been decent enough.
I was curious about that Zero 7 but it’s totally OOS.

I had been close to shelling out more than I wanted to for Blitzen Trapper’s Wild Mountain Nation but then I found it’s now available again straight from their website for $16:

I had been close to shelling out more than I wanted to for Blitzen Trapper’s Wild Mountain Nation but then I found it’s now available again straight from their website for $16:

One of my favorite bands. Just ordered the Live Harvest from a few years back.

Grabbed a few Tone Poets from Target. They arrived today. Edge crush on one of them. Looks like they were packed in a picture frame box. Almost LP sized mailer, but enough space to be floppin around in there. Got 20% back with a little coercion on the live chat. Probably won’t order vinyl from them again unless it’s something I REALLY want for a screamin deal.

just got a cancellation email from uDiscover for the Buhaina's Delight LP i ordered 3 months back.
Uh oh... same. No $4 Art Blakey record for me then! Now let’s see what happens with my pending Lee Morgan - Cornbread.

(I’m also still waiting for Byrd in Flight. Ordered in December, label created a week ago, no movement since then.)

Last edited:
Uh oh... same. No $4 Art Blakey record for me then! Now let’s see what happens with my pending Lee Morgan - Cornbread.

(I’m also still waiting for Byrd in Flight. Ordered in December, label created a week ago, no movement since then.)
Not that I have been checking it for “In stock” on a weekly basis or anything, but it looks like Cornbread’s page has been removed FYI.

Grabbed a few Tone Poets from Target. They arrived today. Edge crush on one of them. Looks like they were packed in a picture frame box. Almost LP sized mailer, but enough space to be floppin around in there. Got 20% back with a little coercion on the live chat. Probably won’t order vinyl from them again unless it’s something I REALLY want for a screamin deal.
I have gotten a few dinged corners from Target too, but to be honest, with the prices on some of the stuff I have gotten from them, I don't entirely mind. If they can send a replacement, I ask for it. If it is OOS, I just kinda live with it. The Tone Poets were $18 for me from Target this time. The MSRP is $35. I'd say that's a hell of a deal. MoFi Dire Straights was $35 instead of $50+. Most of their prices are already below list everywhere else and then you get the 33% off.

I'd wager that about 80% of records I have bought in the past year have arrived with some kind of damage to the sleeves. Even ones that are packaged pretty well, sadly. Target is definitely a wildcard in terms of how records arrive. I have gotten some in proper mailers, other times they are thrown in a gigantic box with some air pillows. But their CS is pretty good. They have let me keep a few items. Other times they send a return label if there's no replacement for a full refund.

Oh, ha! I'd forgotten about those $10 off coupons with free shipping back in November. Looks like I placed 5 orders for individual albums with that coupon and received all of them except this Blakey. Won't be shedding any tears! All in all, a crazy good bargain.

Oh, ha! I'd forgotten about those $10 off coupons with free shipping back in November. Looks like I placed 5 orders for individual albums with that coupon and received all of them except this Blakey. Won't be shedding any tears! All in all, a crazy good bargain.
I grabbed the Nina Simone AS reissues with those coupons I think!

I just got a batch from UDiscover in -- Tender Moments and Oblique TPs and The Band - Stage Fright 50th anniversary split color reissue. Completely forgot I had ordered those...

Back