Online Vinyl Deals

Well I just received 2 orders from target, both delivered in bags :mad:

Now I have anxiety.
Oh man! I had selectively forgotten! Last time around they delivered Amy Winehouse in a bag and she didn't emerge unscathed. I drove right over to Target and exchanged it. I can't imagine any of the selections from my recent order would be in stock at my local. 😬

Minimal/minor damage. I ordered the White Stripes Greatest Hits and Guns N' Roses since it was $20 and pressed at RTI, so an upgrade from my older copy. White Stripes has a very minor corner jam, not a big deal. GNR has a bigger crease through the front and back. I had them delivered because I was being too lazy to pick them up. I'll prob keep the Stripes as is and buy a new undamaged GNR from the store and return the one I got delivered. Moral of the story, don't be lazy. harrumph
Target seems to be all over the place with shipping. I have always gotten items either double-boxed or in a record mailer. Of course as soon as I say that, I know I'll just get some in a bag...but even just with this recent set of orders, some are fedex, some are sent via UPS, so I'm guessing some really varied packaging will show up.

I was gonna say, the last Target order I had was a single album, it showed up in a box that could have shipped a microwave.
My hunch is that when it ships in a plastic bag, it's usually a Target Exclusive and shipped to you from a nearby store or warehouse. When it's a record that's not available in any of the stores (which is most of their inventory) it ships in a box, usually that weird square record mailer with the gaps on the sides that seems exclusive to Target.

My hunch is that when it ships in a plastic bag, it's usually a Target Exclusive and shipped to you from a nearby store or warehouse. When it's a record that's not available in any of the stores (which is most of their inventory) it ships in a box, usually that weird square record mailer with the gaps on the sides that seems exclusive to Target.
..........mine was a Target exclusive ;)

Minimal/minor damage. I ordered the White Stripes Greatest Hits and Guns N' Roses since it was $20 and pressed at RTI, so an upgrade from my older copy. White Stripes has a very minor corner jam, not a big deal. GNR has a bigger crease through the front and back. I had them delivered because I was being too lazy to pick them up. I'll prob keep the Stripes as is and buy a new undamaged GNR from the store and return the one I got delivered. Moral of the story, don't be lazy. harrumph

Ccontact their customer service via the chat function. Theyve been very accommodating with me in the past with damaged goods. They will probably just refund you and have you keep the records.
Did just that and they refunded me for GNR and told me to keep it. I can live with the crease for free :D

Last edited:
Did just that and the refunded me for GNR and told me to keep it. I can life with the crease for free :D
Figured as much. They sent me a $75 Grateful Dead box set, and the box got crushed, dented, and torn in transit. The records were all fine. I contacted them and asked to return it, but they said, just keep it. I was like, ok? are you sure?. They sent me a clean replacement copy and the other one ended up on the PIF thread here last year.

Does anyone know how Popmarket is on returns/refunds/replacements? One of my daily deal Neil Young albums has a huge piece of paper meld into the vinyl and it causes popping and other issues, etc.
I had to return Speaking In Tongues, email CS and they’ll get you a label. IIRC, they have you indicate if you want a refund or replacement with the package, but I could be mistaken.

Does anyone know how Popmarket is on returns/refunds/replacements? One of my daily deal Neil Young albums has a huge piece of paper meld into the vinyl and it causes popping and other issues, etc.
I had problems with two out of four records I ordered a couple of weeks ago. They shipped replacements right away, and as @Sonicpharmacist said, they will send you mailing labels (both were USPS in my case) for the returns.

It must depend where you are for target. Almost all of mine come in their record mailers and Ive had very little damages. I much prefer target over Amazon or ImportCDs/popmarket/etc when it comes to the big guys

Anecdotally ,most of my Target shipments were fine. The only real damage I had was a bent Lucy Dacus corner that came in a box but it wasn't to the degree of complaints. With that said I wouldn't necessarily trust them if I needed anything in pristine condition.

Back