Online Vinyl Deals

Went back after cancelling my Target B2G1 order. This is a much better deal when you finagle and use different emails and such for that 10off.
Oh yeah the $10 coupon is BN80's for ~$8 shipped... all I need to do is move the period in my gmail to various spots before the "@" to get a unique email. Hope nothing gets canceled...

No, I think this is two different issues. One is that there are Jamaican pressings and half-speed masters. But the Jamaican version of Catch A Fire is a different thing (and is sold out; the Jamaican pressing of Catch A Fire is just the Tuff Gong pressing of the original release). They don't help themselves out by not being very clear about this. I much prefer the Jamaican version myself, and think the differences are pretty big but that's for you to decide yourself. You should be able to listen to both here

The most egregious difference is High Tide or Low Tide was cut.

Where do you see that its sold out?

On the bob marley store it says "ADDITIONALLY, CATCH A FIRE, ORIGINALLY RECORDED BY THE WAILERS IN JAMAICA AND EVENTUALLY RELEASED WITH OVERDUBS AND A MIX OVERSEEN BY ISLAND FOUNDER CHRIS BLACKWELL AT THE LABEL’S LONDON HEADQUARTERS, WILL BE AVAILABLE IN ITS ORIGINAL JAMAICA-RECORDED VERSION, WITH TWO EXTRA TRACKS FROM THE SESSIONS AND SOME TRACKS WITH LONGER FADES. PRODUCED ENTIRELY BY BOB MARLEY & THE WAILERS AND MIXED BY LONGTIME MARLEY ASSOCIATE ERROL BROWN, THIS JAMAICAN VERSION WILL BE ON VINYL FOR THE FIRST TIME."

Where do you see that its sold out?

On the bob marley store it says "ADDITIONALLY, CATCH A FIRE, ORIGINALLY RECORDED BY THE WAILERS IN JAMAICA AND EVENTUALLY RELEASED WITH OVERDUBS AND A MIX OVERSEEN BY ISLAND FOUNDER CHRIS BLACKWELL AT THE LABEL’S LONDON HEADQUARTERS, WILL BE AVAILABLE IN ITS ORIGINAL JAMAICA-RECORDED VERSION, WITH TWO EXTRA TRACKS FROM THE SESSIONS AND SOME TRACKS WITH LONGER FADES. PRODUCED ENTIRELY BY BOB MARLEY & THE WAILERS AND MIXED BY LONGTIME MARLEY ASSOCIATE ERROL BROWN, THIS JAMAICAN VERSION WILL BE ON VINYL FOR THE FIRST TIME."

Hmmm yeah its a little confusing haha, can't tell if it's actually sold out everywhere or if it's just a track list error on other sites. A little misleading if it's sold out and they send the regular version instead. It still appears in stock on the US udiscovermusic and bob marley store...but the track listing isn't reflective of what should be on it

Last edited:
Oh yeah the $10 coupon is BN80's for ~$8 shipped... all I need to do is move the period in my gmail to various spots before the "@" to get a unique email. Hope nothing gets canceled...
Is this for the uDiscover sale? Ordering some blue notes and didn’t see any 10 off coupon, but the 30% off code

Grabbed
Elvis Costello - My Aim is True
Elvis Costello - Armed Forces
Sgt. Pepper's 50th anniv ed
and used the $10 off on the Abbey Road 50th anniv ed for $6, it's sold out now
Hoping those two Beatles LPs sound better than my dad's OGs

Hmmm yeah its a little confusing haha, can't tell if it's actually sold out everywhere or if it's just a track list error on other sites. A little misleading if it's sold out and they send the regular version instead. It still appears in stock on the US udiscovermusic and bob marley store...but the track listing isn't reflective of what should be on it

I ordered the version linked below...sounds promising from the description. The first sentence describes the release of all 12 pressed at Tuff Gong. And then:
Additionally, Catch A Fire, originally recorded by The Wailers in Jamaica and eventually released with overdubs and a mix overseen by Island founder Chris Blackwell at the label’s London headquarters, will be available in its original Jamaica-recorded version, with two extra tracks from the sessions and some tracks with longer fades. Produced entirely by Bob Marley & the Wailers and mixed by longtime Marley associate Errol Brown, this Jamaican version will be on vinyl for the first time.
I'm hopeful that they just failed to migrate over the appropriate track listing.

Last edited:
Ah, good point! AND, if you have multiple such items you wish to purchase, one-item-per-purchase is the way to go.
I ended up grabbing the Gimme Some Truth box set which ended up being around $58 shipped with that 30% coupon vs the $109 or whatever list price is!

I ordered the version linked below...sounds promising from the description. The first sentence describes the release of all 12 pressed at Tuff Gong. And then:

I'm hopeful that they just failed to migrate over the appropriate track listing.
Without peeing on everybody's parade, all his albums are having a. a Jamaican pressing and b. a half-speed master pressing. I believe all you've got is the Jamaican pressing of Catch A Fire. What you want is the Jamaican version of Catch A Fire, which I'm pretty certain is sold out (and is a Jamaican pressing too). They could have made it a lot more straight-forward and they're surely going to get lots of complaints. So, in short, there should be three new versions of Catch A Fire for sale: half-speed and Tuff Gong pressings of the original, and a Tuff Gong pressing of the Jamaican version. 🤯

Without peeing on everybody's parade, all his albums are having a. a Jamaican pressing and b. a half-speed master pressing. I believe all you've got is the Jamaican pressing of Catch A Fire. What you want is the Jamaican version of Catch A Fire, which I'm pretty certain is sold out (and is a Jamaican pressing too). They could have made it a lot more straight-forward and they're surely going to get lots of complaints. So, in short, there should be three new versions of Catch A Fire for sale: half-speed and Tuff Gong pressings of the original, and a Tuff Gong pressing of the Jamaican version. 🤯
The description in that link does describe the Jamaican version, so it is unclear, since the tracklist doesn't agree. Definitely an error somewhere or a very confusing description. Maybe they just put the whole press release there and it describes both.

Back