Online Vinyl Deals

Is the Getz/Gilberto and Charlie Haden gatefold? My brother got a pack and his are gatefold and Deagostini. I didnt realise they did gatefolds, great value.

They both are gatefold. The others werent. They are all from the Jazz at 33 1/3 series though...

For those looking for Tom Petty - Wildflowers 3LP ---- $33.99 + shipping. I wasn't able to find it anywhere in the past 2 weeks other than Discogs and Ebay where the prices have been creeping up past $60. Then came across this site, verified legit as my copy came in yesterday. Not sure how long the stock will last though.

They both are gatefold. The others werent. They are all from the Jazz at 33 1/3 series though...

Fantastic, thats what I thought. Very surprised (and impressed) that all the bundles that I have seen so far have all been the fantastic Deagostini's. Much better than some of the grey labels they showed in the photo listing.

Fantastic, thats what I thought. Very surprised (and impressed) that all the bundles that I have seen so far have all been the fantastic Deagostini's. Much better than some of the grey labels they showed in the photo listing.
the pictures made me cancel a second box.
hoping to swap some of the stuff i allready had. still such a great deal.

the pictures made me cancel a second box.
hoping to swap some of the stuff i allready had. still such a great deal.
I actually ordered 2 for the purpose of swaps. The first has literally just arrived now and has a few that I haven't seen in other bundles posted here, such as Sonny Clark - Cool Struttin', Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong - Ella and Louis (gatefold and no shrink) and Sonny Rollins - Alfie (gatefold and no-shrink). All Deagostini's. I messaged about the 2nd bundle as the money has come out of my account, but I feel like I have done well overall and have some to swap in the future as well.

I actually ordered 2 for the purpose of swaps. The first has literally just arrived now and has a few that I haven't seen in other bundles posted here, such as Sonny Clark - Cool Struttin', Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong - Ella and Louis (gatefold and no shrink) and Sonny Rollins - Alfie (gatefold and no-shrink). All Deagostini's. I messaged about the 2nd bundle as the money has come out of my account, but I feel like I have done well overall and have some to swap in the future as well.

i had Ella & Louis and Alfie in it, also the Horace Silver record that most didnt seem to get. though i missed out on the Wayne Shorter many got.

i had Ella & Louis and Alfie in it, also the Horace Silver record that most didnt seem to get. though i missed out on the Wayne Shorter many got.
Its crazy how many times I have missed out on Speak No Evil. For years I have lost bids, been pipped to the post at checkouts, and been minutes away from buying it (along with Schizophrenia, but I finally picked that up this year). Maybe a copy will be in the 2nd box.

You
may have got the same box as me. Did you have Soul Station in yours too?

Yep, sounds the same. I rang my brother and he has the same box as others on here, so there must be a formula to it.
I picked up the RSD Mingus so that's a double. I already have Out To Lunch (which I already considered one copy too many) and picked up the AS Getz/ Gilberto but aside from that it's alright. I'm curious as to whether the Mingus sounds better than the RSD deluxe though

I picked up the RSD Mingus so that's a double. I already have Out To Lunch (which I already considered one copy too many) and picked up the AS Getz/ Gilberto but aside from that it's alright. I'm curious as to whether the Mingus sounds better than the RSD deluxe though
I would be incredibly surprised if it was better tbh, the RSD should be ahead for sure.

I have quite a few duplicates and need to decide which are better. Here's what I got and my stance on what I will do with them:

Charles Minus - Ah Um - I have an OG mono and the RSD so will swap/sell this.
Duke Ellington - Money Jungle - I was in the market for the Tone Poet but if this is good I will stick to this.
Eric Dolphy - Out To Lunch - I have a '85 French which I have been meaning to upgrade, I imagine the Deagostini will sound better.
Stan Getz & Joao Gilberto - Getz/Gilberto - I have the Verve Acoustic Sounds pressing so will swap/sell this.
Cannonball Adderly - Somethin' Else - This has been on my list for wayyy to long so will keep this one!
Sonny Rollins - Alfie - Another which I have been in the market for, I will keep this.
Hank Mobley - Soul Station - I have a later pressing which despite being '87 actually sounds pretty good. I might swap.
Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong - Ella & Louis - I have a first US and UK so will swap/sell this.
Dexter Gordon - Go! - I have a '85 French DMM which I have been meaning to upgrade, I imagine the Deagostini will sound better.
Sonny Clarke - Coll Struttin' - I have a '85 French DMM which I have been meaning to upgrade, I imagine the Deagostini will sound better.

Overall I certainly feel like I got a good deal with these. I imagine I will sell a couple to get the bulk of my money back as well and maybe swap a few. Really excited to spin some of these.

I would be incredibly surprised if it was better tbh, the RSD should be ahead for sure.

I have quite a few duplicates and need to decide which are better. Here's what I got and my stance on what I will do with them:

Charles Minus - Ah Um - I have an OG mono and the RSD so will swap/sell this.
Duke Ellington - Money Jungle - I was in the market for the Tone Poet but if this is good I will stick to this.
Eric Dolphy - Out To Lunch - I have a '85 French which I have been meaning to upgrade, I imagine the Deagostini will sound better.
Stan Getz & Joao Gilberto - Getz/Gilberto - I have the Verve Acoustic Sounds pressing so will swap/sell this.
Cannonball Adderly - Somethin' Else - This has been on my list for wayyy to long so will keep this one!
Sonny Rollins - Alfie - Another which I have been in the market for, I will keep this.
Hank Mobley - Soul Station - I have a later pressing which despite being '87 actually sounds pretty good. I might swap.
Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong - Ella & Louis - I have a first US and UK so will swap/sell this.
Dexter Gordon - Go! - I have a '85 French DMM which I have been meaning to upgrade, I imagine the Deagostini will sound better.
Sonny Clarke - Coll Struttin' - I have a '85 French DMM which I have been meaning to upgrade, I imagine the Deagostini will sound better.

Overall I certainly feel like I got a good deal with these. I imagine I will sell a couple to get the bulk of my money back as well and maybe swap a few. Really excited to spin some of these.
I think Rollins's Alfie was the one I was most excited to see in the box. Demoralised as ever to see Out To Lunch. But £30 well spent. Its £4.20 an album for the ones I don't already have. Bargain!

For those looking for Tom Petty - Wildflowers 3LP ---- $33.99 + shipping. I wasn't able to find it anywhere in the past 2 weeks other than Discogs and Ebay where the prices have been creeping up past $60. Then came across this site, verified legit as my copy came in yesterday. Not sure how long the stock will last though.

Hey, that's my local. Funny it keeps popping up here.

Its crazy how many times I have missed out on Speak No Evil. For years I have lost bids, been pipped to the post at checkouts, and been minutes away from buying it (along with Schizophrenia, but I finally picked that up this year). Maybe a copy will be in the 2nd box.

If I get a Speak No Evil I can trade you one

Back