Online Vinyl Deals

Otis box set ... $66 and some change

The Definitive Studio Album Collection (7LP) Otis Redding - The Definitive Studio Album Collection (7LP) - Amazon.com Music
This is great (though I do remember an even crazier lower price over a year ago). I'm on the fence about getting it, but shipping to the U.S. seems to be $17.99; I thought some of these global store UK items shipped to the US free with prime?
If I didn’t have five of the seven already... I kinda breathed a sigh of relief when I saw what made it into the stack anthology for very similar reasons.

It's worth every penny at $66 - that's $9.43 a record.

A year or two back I picked it up for $28. Didn't expect them to fulfill it. Damned if they didn't. I wouldn't hold out for a repeat on that.

Last edited:
There is just an absolutely MASSIVE vinyl sale at the DiscountVinylRecords store. Buy 5 or more and get 20% off, but even before the discount most of them are at or near all-time low prices.

I curated a list of favorites based on the albums and the pressing/reviews. There are a lot more great ones though!

Here's my curated list of top deals
Direct to Amazon
Non-affiliate link

Among them:
bill-evans-trio.jpgjohnny-cash.jpgqueen.jpgcreedence-clearwater-revival.jpg

ENJOY!!

There is just an absolutely MASSIVE vinyl sale at the DiscountVinylRecords store. Buy 5 or more and get 20% off, but even before the discount most of them are at or near all-time low prices.

I curated a list of favorites based on the albums and the pressing/reviews. There are a lot more great ones though!

Here's my curated list of top deals
Direct to Amazon
Non-affiliate link

Among them:
View attachment 31471View attachment 31472View attachment 31473View attachment 31474

ENJOY!!

These are mainly Wax Time pressings. If I recall correctly many had issues with these right?

These are mainly Wax Time pressings. If I recall correctly many had issues with these right?

I've heard of issues with Wax Time, yes. The specific ones I chose in my article had good reviews online. Overall, while some of the pressings in that sale are reviewed positively, there are others that have gotten enough negative reviews to steer clear of.

I got in on one of DiscountVinyl's sales on ebay with a combined site wide discount on top of the 20% last year and was extremely disappointed in the outer sleeves they have even at the dirt cheap price. They are nowhere remotely close to "clear" as it states and the qc is pretty rough as they aren't all exactly the same size which drives me crazy seeing them on the shelf but maybe that's a bit of ocd on my part haha.. if you're cool with the musty, fogged out look and dont mind slight differences in size then they are a good value I guess. I bought 200 of them too : [[

The rest of the order came good though with the MoFi sleeves and a couple Pink Floyd albums. I also avoid any Wax Time pressings as i've never been fully satisfied with any of there albums I got in the past, a few were mediocre pressings which weren't horrible but still would rather just go hi res digital files at that point.

Good morning everyone. Hope your day goes better then the Iowa caucuses!

captain-beefheart-magic-band-trout-mask-replica-main.jpg
Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band - Trout Mask Replica (2 LP) - $28.60 (11 cents from all-time lowest price)
Direct to Amazon
Non-affiliate link
(classic album in a nice package: 2 LP, 180g black vinyl, Stoughton tip-on gatefold jacket, booklet)

knocked-loose-different-shade-of-blue-main.jpg
Knocked Loose - A Different Shade of Blue - $14.99 (all-time low price)
Direct to Amazon
Non-affiliate link
(second album from the Kentucky hardcore metal band)

rage-against-the-machine-live-rare-main.jpg
Rage Against the Machine - Live and Rare (2 LP) - $20.01 (within 18 cents of all-time low price)
Direct to Amazon
Non-affiliate link
(The RSD Black Friday 2018 release of live and demo tracks)

They are, but that doesn't mean it can't sound really good. Why wouldn't you just buy the CD for every album that isn't AAA then if that is your criteria?
I don’t disagree that it can be pressed well and sound decent but a cd master is crippled from a compression standpoint and less than ideal. I’m fine with digital source but it has to be hi-res or there is no point. Listen to an Adele lp and you’ll understand why it matters.

I don’t disagree that it can be pressed well and sound decent but a cd master is crippled from a compression standpoint and less than ideal. I’m fine with digital source but it has to be hi-res or there is no point. Listen to an Adele lp and you’ll understand why it matters.

I was just saying that lots of Wax Time releases have been reported to sound very good. Now, this is probably due to the fact that jazz and especially the great jazz artists, is usually recorded very very well. It would take a true butcher to make it sound awful.

Back