Online Vinyl Deals

I got the 2 x LP for $23 but I’m also skeptical of the remix. Wasn’t the point of Monster as a concept album to bury the vocals in favor of distorted guitars?
My take on that is that at the time that was the style but it hasn't aged particularly well and I think a lot of REM fans like the songs but not particularly the production.

I got the 2 x LP for $23 but I’m also skeptical of the remix. Wasn’t the point of Monster as a concept album to bury the vocals in favor of distorted guitars?

For some reason the remix takes out those harsh sounding tremolo guitar hits from 'Whats The Frequency Kenneth?' which to me is part of what makes that song fantastic.

I find it really weird that people keep going back and try to "clean up" some of these 90's albums. This shit isn't supposed sound clean and clear!

I love grunge-d out '90s alt-rock albums.
The effects and production on Monster give me ear fatigue and make it hard to get 5 songs into an album that I really like and think is very good. If I could pick one '90s album I love to get cleaned up, it would be Monster. If a stingy genie granted me the wish to clean up any album but added the stipulation that no other album in existence, '90s or otherwise, can ever get remixed again, I would gladly use that wish on Monster. Great album. Very hard to digest as a whole. ☺

I feel like listening to Out of Time is more difficult now than it used to be when it was new.

As much as I love the guitar heavy sound of Monster, I am willing to give the remixed version a chance.

The pre-order price jumped again at Amazon. I may have missed the $23 price point.

I love grunge-d out '90s alt-rock albums.
The effects and production on Monster give me ear fatigue and make it hard to get 5 songs into an album that I really like and think is very good. If I could pick one '90s album I love to get cleaned up, it would be Monster. If a stingy genie granted me the wish to clean up any album but added the stipulation that no other album in existence, '90s or otherwise, can ever get remixed again, I would gladly use that wish on Monster. Great album. Very hard to digest as a whole. ☺

I can’t go that far because (confession alert) I could never listen to Monster the whole way through, despite the fact I owned the CD for quite some time. It’s honestly one of the worst-sounding albums I’ve ever heard. But I love REM, so I’m looking forward to hearing the new version.

Y’all need to chill. I’m currently revisiting Raphael Saadiq’s discography. Now I’m wanting to dive in on REM’s...
I love Raphael Saadiq so much! His collaborative album under Lucy Pearl is excellent and his debut studio album Instant Vintage is one of the better R&B/Soul albums of the 2000’s!

His work with Tony! Toni! Tone! was amazing too!

I love the productions he’s done as well! He’s such a great musician!

Urban Outfitters has a flash sale today with 50% select items, including some records. The Carly Rae Jepsen exclusive is on there...

I don't need to be buying any vinyl right now since I'm unemployed but I'm hoping that they put their Cuco and Booksmart exclusives on sale eventually.

The item may come repackaged is scaring me off. Don't like the idea of not getting it in that sleek box

Yeah, the 90$ one was Like New. I think the repackage is more so just a new shipping box. Looks like there's a new Like New for $91 though now.

I had to try twice but the second time I ended up with a basically brand new box for around $40 about a month or two ago.

I also helped someone get a Like New a few weeks ago for about $70 so they're all over the place price wise I think.

Back